All of us dream of having a Radiant and Glowing Face but we actually don’t know how to get one. We cannot deny the importance of a good quality moisturizer in our daily Skincare routine. It might sound unbelievable but even Cleopatra used to bathe in milk to get that dewy and supple skin. Moisturizers are known to enhance water content in your skin's outermost layer that relieves dryness. A good quality facial moisturizer can help your skin look healthier and even fight those signs of ageing.
Many of us become lazy when it comes to moisturizing our face. Well, after reading the next few lines you will never ever forget to give your face the much-needed moisture; be it in daytime or at night.
Reduces the chances of having any kind of skin issues
When you use the right type of facial moisturizer, then your skin will be able to have the perfect balance, which means you don't have to worry about skin problems like acne. If you have an Oily Skin then go for a lotion and if your skin is dry, then a face cream would be your best bet as oil content in it is on the higher side. If your skin is properly moisturized and has the right kind of hydration, your skin won’t be dry or irritated, which means you don’t have to worry about acne.
Say goodbye to blemishes
A properly moisturized skin will give you a healthy and nice sheen, in fact it can even out your existing blemishes. A few facial moisturizers come with a kind of self tanner and that works like magic with any type of skin tone. It will help you get rid of hyperpigmentation, which is the root cause of blemishes.
You will be surprised to know but sensitive areas of one's skin like face, neck and ears tend to replenish themselves more often as compared to any other part of one’s skin. A good quality moisturizer can help you cope up with the daily loss of skin cells as it provides your skin the boost needed to repair itself, thereby making your skin look young as well as healthy.
Perfect way to end your hot shower
A relaxing hot shower can surely help you unwind after a long tiring day but it even strips your facial skin's natural oils The best way to replenish the same is by applying a moisturizer on your face.
Now that you have understood the importance of moisturizing your face, let us know the correct way of moisturizing.
How to moisturize during daytime?
A good moisturizer can help your skin to glow during the daytime. It is suggested that you do a small patch test before using any new moisturizer on your face. Always buy a product which is right for your skin type. You should be able to figure out which ingredients will best cater to your skin concerns. From gel, creams to lotions; you can choose from an extensive range available these days in the market.
Cleanse your face properly, before you use a moisturizer. For best results, use it right after you take a shower while your face is still damp because slightly wet skin will absorb the cream in a much better manner plus that also gives the product the chance to lock that hydration.
Layering is very important when it comes to moisturizing your face. The sequence in which you utilize skin care products can affect how well they would work. Always begin with the lightest and finish with the thickest. Like for someone who is suffering from acne, their routine would be clean, apply acne medicine, moisturizer and then lastly Apply Sunscreen.
How to moisturize your face at night?
Keeping your face properly moisturized at night is equally vital because this goes a long way in keeping your face soft and also youthful. While you might think that applying moisturizer at night is an easy task, you must use it in the right way to avoid having dry skin or ending up with an oily pillowcase.
First thing is to clean your face thoroughly, you can either use a mild Facial Cleanser or even go for a foaming face wash, all depends on your skin type. Once your skin is clean, splash some cool water and pat dry lightly with help of a soft towel. Apply moisturizer depending upon how dry your skin is. Avoid rubbing the lotion, just dab gently and you can apply a little extra over dry areas like cheeks. You must let the product completely dry before you hit the bed, most facial moisturizers take around 15 minutes to dry.
You can even moisturize your face naturally? Can’t believe me? Read on
Your facial skin can get affected due to a lot of factors such as hormones, your stress levels and not to forget the weather of the city you live in. Apart from using a good quality moisturizer, you can also add that glow to your face naturally.
You would need just three ingredients to make this magical skincare product; carrier oil, aloe vera gel and an essential oil.
- You can choose any natural oil that your skin can absorb quickly. From virgin coconut oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, shea butter to olive oil; you can use just any depending on your skin type.
- Once you have chosen the oil, take around 90 ml of that into a bowl, to this add around 15 ml of aloe vera gel and mix both of them nicely.
- Lastly, add 4 to 5 drops of any essential oil. From geranium oil, lavender oil, tea tree oil, lemon grass oil to chamomile oil; you can use any. The best part about these essential oils is that they have antifungal, antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties which can really help with skin concerns.
- You should make sure that the moisturizer you are making is completely combined and smooth, there should be no oil floating on the top. You can either use a whisker or even an electric mixer to do the same.
- After this, pour this Natural Moisturizer in a sterilized and clean glass jar. You must put this moisturizer in the refrigerator. When you want to apply, take out a pea sized amount and warm it up in your palms and then apply gently over your face.
How to moisturize without a product? Some easy hacks
There are times when you run out of your facial moisturizer but your skin needs that daily dose of moisture. For those times, I am telling you some quick hacks which will give your face the hydration it needs to look supple and soft.
Your kitchen can help you
Milk and honey are readily available in our homes, they work really well as moisturizers and can give your face that natural radiance in just no time.
Get a humidifier
Another great way, is to sleep with a humidifier. This hack will work both for dry and oily skin.
Say no to hot shower
Make sure the water you take shower with is lukewarm and not very hot. This goes a long way in hydrating your skin.
Water is your best friend
The importance of drinking water for skin hydration cannot be stressed enough. It is the most economical way to add sheen to your skin. Apart from water, you can have fresh fruit juices and coconut water also to keep your skin hydrated.
Need to buy a moisturizer? Confused with such a huge variety? Read to know which ingredients are a must and which ones you should completely avoid.
Everyone can benefit from utilizing a moisturizer. There are three main kinds of ingredients which are present in almost all moisturizers. These are humectants, emollients and occlusives.
They give water into the topmost layer of the skin, there making it hydrated.
Their role is to aid in filling any types of cracks in the topmost layer of your skin and also to lock the moisture.
They help in forming a protective layer over your skin so that it doesn't lose moisture.
Ingredients which are a must:
Your face moisturizer must have glycerin in good quantity as it helps to keep your skin well hydrated by getting water from air as well as from lower layers of your skin.
Yet another important ingredient, hyaluronic acid, is a sugar molecule which helps out in restoring skin's natural ability to retain moisture and look soft, even as one grows old. It will make your skin look plump and fresh.
This ingredient can work like magic in repairing a damaged skin barrier plus even hides your skin imperfections. Apart from this, it even helps in soothing inflammatory issues such as redness.
You don't have to worry about water evaporating from your facial skin, if your moisturizer has petrolatum. It is highly effective when it comes to sealing in moisture.
Ingredients which you must avoid:
- Parabens: These are generally used as preservatives in moisturizers and can be extremely harmful. They are known to contribute to hormonal imbalance. It is better you avoid any moisturizer which has parabens.
- Mineral oil: This ingredient is obtained form petroleum and is commonly used in many skincare products. You should surely avoid this human immune system toxicant.
- Propylene glycol: Yet another ingredient found in moisturizers, it is found to be an irritant. If you continue using a moisturizer which has propylene glycol, then you can get skin rashes and even burning and excavation of eczema.
- Synthetic colours and dyes: Commonly used in many moisturizers, they can lead to allergies and also cause skin irritation. Make sure the product you use on your face is free from synthetic colours and dyes.
Your face is the first thing anyone would notice, so give it the care it truly deserves. A proper skin care routine with the right kind of moisturizer will go a long way in keeping your face healthy and routine.