|Estimated Reading Time: 12 minutes|
Skin tanning is one of the most challenging skin problems we face. A few hours in the sun can cause damage to the skin and darken it. While there is absolutely no shame with respect to what your skin colour is, the tan is normally uneven and gives you multiple skin tones. This makes one wonder how to remove tanning on face and is there any home remedy to remove tan?
Now what’s worse is that the damage caused in a few hours takes days or weeks to heal. Before we learn how to removing tan on face, we need to understand what tanning is and how it is caused.
What is Tanning?
The body has skin cells called melanocytes that are responsible for producing melanin. Melanin is a pigment produced in order to protect us from the damage caused by the UV rays of the sun. the production of melanin causes the skin color to darken and therefore get tanned.
We often come across the word hyperpigmentation while looking for solutions to fade away dark spot on face or brighten the skin. One might wonder what the difference between the two is. Hyperpigmentation is a condition in which certain patches of skin become darker than the rest of the skin.
One of the major causes of hyperpigmentation is tanning when the skin exposed to the sun darkens in order to protect itself against sun damage. That being said, there may be other reasons for hyperpigmentation that range from hormonal to genetic and others.
Also, if you continue reading, you’ll find a home remedy to remove tan for every skin type and a magical product that answers the infamous question how to remove tanning on face?
What are the causes of tanning
Your body gets tanned when it is exposed to UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays damage the skin, thereby causing the body to create melanin and therefore get a tan.
On the contrary, a majority of the sun’s UVB rays are absorbed by the ozone layer. However, the few that escape through possess the capability to damage our DNA. This is precisely why it is so important to wear sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30.
Nalpamaradi thailam is an Ayurvedic concoction of oils and herbs that is used on the skin to brighten, remove dullness and removing tan. Made up of multiple Ayurvedic herbs such as Manjistha, Haldi (turmeric), Laal Chandan (red sandalwood), etc., it repairs damaged skin, gives it an even skin tone, and reduces pigmentation. Nalpamaradi oil is also known to improve complexion & prevent sun tan. It is best known as ayurvedic skin brightening oil.
Key Ingredients of Nalpamaradi Thailam
Nalpamaradi thailam is a blend of 16 Ayurvedic herbs. The key ingredients of this skin brightening oil are as follows:
- Amla- Amla is rich in Vitamin C and helps treat skin pigmentation, provides even skin tone, slows down ageing and is also known to treat acne. Being rich in Vitamin C, it is commonly used in Vitamin C Face Serum.
- Khus- Khus treats pigmentation, acne scars, sun spots etc and gives you clear skin by keeping acne at bay. It helps give you a clear, spotless skin.
- Manjishtha- Manjishtha is known to have antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Its extracts help control the acne-causing bacteria and are particularly useful in case of inflamed skin. It is also used in tan removal pack for face.
- Red Sandalwood- Like regular sandalwood, red sadalwood has cooling properties. It helps dull skin get back its glow and also helps fade tan, rashes, and blemishes, etc. It is a popular home remedy to remove tan and is also used in face pack for glowing skin.
- Sesame Oil- Sesame Oil is used as the base oil while preparing the skin brightening Oil, Nalpamaradi Thailam. It is known to moisturize the skin, help with wrinkles and fine lines and to give the skin a natural and healthy glow.
- Turmeric- Every woman in India swears by this magical ingredient as it has been used by brides to brighten their skin before their wedding for centuries. Turmeric is used as face pack for glowing skin and is known to tackle hyperpigmentation, fade away dark spot on face and adding a youthful glow to the face.
Nalpamaradi Thailam uses and Nalpamaradi Thailam benefits
- Nalpamaradi Oil is used as a body oil for skin brightening and for giving glow and radiance to the skin. No wonder it is also called a skin brightening oil.
- Nalpamaradi Thailam is particularly known to reverse tan and help you get back your skin tone. This skin brightening oil is a perfect home remedy to remove tan from face and body.
- Formulated with ingredients that help get clear skin, such as turmeric sandalwood, sesame oil, etc.,Nalpamaradi Tailam is known for nourishing the skin and moisturizing it.
- Continuous use of Nalpamaradi oil helps even out skin tone and lighten dark spot on face, acne scars and pigmentation marks.
- Nalpamaradi Oil calms and soothes inflamed and irritated skin.
- Of many Nalpamaradi Thailam uses, the most common is skin brightening and de-tanning.
Ayurvedic De-tan remedies - face pack for glowing skin
1. Home remedy to remove tan for all skin types
This home remedy to remove tan is a lazy person’s best friend. All you have to do is use store bought products. It is also convenient for college students living in a hostel that does not have access to kitchen.
- nalpamaradi thailam- 1 tsp.
- Sandalwood Powder- 1 tsp.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 2 tsp.
How to use tan removal pack for face?
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you achieve a smooth consistency. Apply this mixture on your face and massage gently for a minute or so. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off. Pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizer that suits your skin (go ayurvedic for Kumkumadi Tailam as your moisturiser) or you can apply face brightener cream. This is not just a tan removal pack for face but also the best face pack for glowig skin.
Sandalwood powder has cooling properties that calm the irritated and inflamed skin. It is also deeply moisturizing and provides protection against the visible signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles.
Aloe vera is a universal ingredient that is suitable for all skin types. It is known for its skin hydrating properties. Regular use of aloe on the skin helps a lot with tanning and removing hyperpigmentation.
2. Home remedy to remove tan - for dry skin
This home remedy to remove tan is ideal for people with dry skin. Dry skin is prone to ageing faster as the lack of moisture cause the skin to crack and breakdown collagen. It is therefore very necessary for people with dry skin to keep their skin moisturized so as to not suffer from visible signs of premature ageing.
- Nalpamaradi Thailam- 1 tsp
- Coffee Powder- 1 tsp.
- Milk- 2 tsp.
How to use it as a tan removal pack for face?
Take a bowl with coffee powder in it. Add milk and nalpamaradi thailam and mix till a smooth paste is formed. Apply it to your face and wash off after 15-20 minutes. Apply a moisturizer of your choice later.
Benefits derived from this tan removal pack for face:
The caffeine in coffee lightens the pigmentation and is known to fade dark spot on face and blemishes. It helps make your skin bright and glow from within.
The fatty acids present in milk deeply moisturize the facial skin and keep fine lines and wrinkles away. Milk also acts as a natural cleanser and removes dirt and cleans the face without drying out the facial skin.
3. Home remedy to remove tan - for sensitive skin
The curse of the sensitive skin makes a person extra cautious before applying anything to the face. You never know what would compromise the skin barrier and cause you to break out. This home remedy to remove tanis godsend for people with sensitive skin.
- Nalpamaradi Thailam- 1 tsp
- Rice flour- 1 tsp
- Rose water- 1 tsp/as needed.
How to use rice flour as a tan removal pack for face?
Take rice flour in a bowl. Add nalpamaradi thailam and rose face water or rose face tonic to it and mix until it blends into an even paste. Add rose water if necessary. Massage your skin for a minute and wash it off after 10 minutes. Moisturize with any face cream for women or mens face cream like kumkumadi cream, after patting your face dry.
Rice flour is the most widely known Asian ingredient in skincare. It is known to lighten dark spot on face and give you even-toned skin. It has mildly exfoliating properties so it brightens up your skin overall and can also be used as a face pack for glowing skin It also has antibacterial properties that help with acne.
Rose face water is a calming agent that naturally cleanses the skin while also hydrating it and gives it a refreshed look.
4. Home remedy to remove tan - for oily skin
The only benefit to having oily skin is that oily skin ages slower than others, as the natural oils keep the skin moisturized and keep it from cracking. Otherwise, they suffer from every other skin problem, ranging from blackheads and whiteheads to acne. Add tan to that and you have a complete deck! This home remedy to remove tan is perfect for oily skin as it not only helps remove tan, but also controls excess oil production and keeps the pimples away.
- Nalpamaradi Oil- 1 tsp.
- Multani Mitti- 1 tsp.
- Rose Water- As needed.
How to use multani mitti as home remedy to remove tan?
Mix Multani Mitti and Rose face water until a smooth paste is formed. Keep it aside. Apply nalpamaradi thailam to your face and gently massage it into the skin. After 5 minutes, apply the multani mitti paste to the face and wash after it dries completely. Moisturize the skin using an aloe vera gel of your choice or a light, non comedogenic moisturizer.
Benefits derived from multani mitti face pack:
Rose face water calms the skin, hydrates it and nourishes it without making it greasy. It also removes dirt from the face.
Multani mitti benefits the skin with its deep cleansing properties. It gets rid of the oil and sebum by deep cleaning our pores. This controls oil production, and limits blackheads, whiteheads, and acne.
5. Home Remedy to remove tan - for combination/acne-prone skin
Combination skin- (Not) the best of both worlds. In this skin type, certain parts of the face (mostly T zone) produce more oil than the rest of the face. So a few portions of the face are oily and few are dry. This makes people prone to blackheads, whiteheads as well as fine lines and wrinkles. This home remedy to remove tan is perfect for combination skin as it helps remove excess oil from the facial skin without drying it out so that the dry patches do not become drier.
- Nalpamaradi Thailam- 1 tsp.
- Triphala Powder- 1 tsp.
- Neem Leaves- 5-10 leaves
How to use triphala and neem as tan removal pack for face?
Grind neem leaves into a fine paste. Add Triphala powder and add nalpamaradi thailam to the paste. Mix water if needed. Apply the tan removal pack for face. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes. Pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizer of your choice.
Triphala is an Ayurvedic ingredient that is known to balance the tridosha (vata, pitta and kapha), combat acne causing bacteria and helps achieve a clear skin. It is also believed to increase collagen production, giving it anti-ageing properties. It is also consumed orally by people.
Neem leaves have antibacterial and antifungal properties. Neem controls oil production and helps significantly with acne. It also helps calm irritated and inflamed skin and can be found in most anti-acne products.
How to remove tanning on face - Points to remember
It is necessary to keep in mind the following points when using a home remedy to remove tan to derive maximum benefits:
- Always make a fresh batch of tan removal pack for face, for each use. However, if you must store it, store it in a glass container, and avoid taking the product out with your fingers to avoid infecting it with bacteria.
- Always wear gloves while using a tan removal pack for face to avoid contaminating the ingredients or the final product with bacteria and germs that exist on the hands.
- Always patch test the tan removal pack for face that you make. Apply it on the nape of your neck or your forearm and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then, wash it off. If you see no visible issues within 2 hours, you may use the product at your convenience.
- Do not expect instant results with DIY tan removal pack for face. Home remedies are free of harsh chemicals and actives so it takes a little longer than usual to get the desired results by using them. Unless your skin reacts to a particular remedy, give it about 6-8 weeks for visible results.
- Avoid using other store-bought skincare products that contain actives like AHAs, BHAs, etc. when you use home remedies.They may inflame, break out, or irritate the skin
By now you must have figured out that nalpamradi oil/ nalpamaradi tailam is the answer to your question, how to remove tanning on face. It is a one stop solution to numerous skin problems. Its universal applicability to all skin types sets it apart from the other faceial oils. Including Nalpamaradi Thailam in one’s skincare routine would give them nothing short of the skin of their dreams.