|Estimated Reading Time: 7 minutes
What is Ubtan?
We have undoubtedly used or learned home remedies for skin care and health care due to the knowledge and advice passed down from our grandmothers and mothers! These "desi nuskhe" have long been admired for their ability to cure numerous hair, skin and health concerns. From rose water to hot oil champi and Ubtan paste, these age-old Ayurveda home remedies have naturally groomed us without any negative effects. The most effective yet little-known natural cure for all your skin issues is ubtan.
Ubtan has been around for generations, helping with skincare and skincare concerns. Even if you've never heard of it, you've undoubtedly witnessed it during the important Indian wedding ritual, when bride and groom are applied besan and turmeric paste (known as ‘Lep’ in Hindi). This ritual is called Haldaat! But have you ever wondered what is the significance of this ritual?
Benefits of using herbs and natural ingredients in your beauty routine
Natural components and ingredients do not contain harsh chemicals, preservatives, or additions that might harm or cause skin irritation, unlike synthetic and chemical-based skincare products. Using natural ingredients in your skincare regimen can benefit your skin in nourishing, calming, exfoliating, brightening, and protecting ways, resulting in a more young, radiant, and healthy-looking complexion.
How to make an all-natural ubtan for brightening your skin
Ubtan is a natural treatment that has been used for ages to hydrate and brighten skin. Everyone can make their own, cost-free, all-natural ubtan at home. Here are some easy DIY recipes to make all natural skin brightening ubtan for brightening your skin.
This all-natural face and body mask offers lots of goodness. It has all the necessary components to pamper your skin. Milk aids in skin whitening and tough tan removal. In order to keep the skin's lustre, this ubtan should be used occasionally.
How to make: Take 1 tablespoon each of the sandalwood powder and the turmeric. Add two tablespoons of rose water. Add milk to the ingredients to make a paste. Apply it to the body and face for radiant skin. Scrub and rinse off once dry. Follow it up with a body lotion with body butter.
- Turmeric, Sesame oil and Sandalwood Ubtan
Turmeric is used in this recipe, along with sesame oil and sandalwood powder. Sandalwood is a remarkable ingredient for maintaining beautiful skin, and sesame and turmeric have long been used for their many health advantages. It improves the appearance of the skin by brightening it, controlling excess oil, reducing acne, and helping to a more beautiful complexion.
How to make: To make this recipe, combine 1 to 2 tablespoons each of sesame oil, sandalwood powder, and turmeric to form a thick paste. Apply all over the body and face, then leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Use normal water to rinse off.
Turmeric is a must-have ingredient in any ubtan. It provides you radiant, flawless skin and aids in skin brightening, tan removal, treating acne, reducing dark spots and scars. On the other hand, sesame seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, heals wrinkles and acne, prevents dryness, enhances blood circulation, and aids in cell renewal. This ubtan is quite simple to prepare and produces remarkable results.
How to make: Take 2-3 tablespoons of sesame seeds and 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric. Make a fine powder by thoroughly grinding the ingredients. To create a thick paste, thoroughly combine it with water. Apply this paste to your entire body and face, then let it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with water. Your skin will instantly become clear and radiant.
This ubtan is designed to remove skin tan and return your skin to its natural complexion. Yogurt is beneficial for moisturising and illuminating the skin. Milk powder can also be used to get rid of stubborn sun damage.
How to make: Combine 1 tablespoon each of gram flour, turmeric, milk powder, and yoghurt to make a thick paste. Sesame oil is a possible addition to the recipe. For best results, apply this to your face and body.
The key benefits of applying Ubtan on your skin
An ubtan can offer a number of benefits to the skin because it is a combination of potent yet gentle ingredients.
- Ubtan nourishes the skin: Ubtan is made from organic ingredients rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These vitamins and minerals aid in nourishing the skin, improving its health and radiance. The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities of the components in ubtan, including turmeric, sandalwood, and rose water, can aid in the prevention of acne and other skin problems.
- Ubtan promotes relaxation: Ubtan provides soothing effects on the body and mind in addition to being beneficial to your skin. The relaxing effects of the herbs and oils in ubtan, can aid in stress relief and relaxation.
- Ubtan gives you toned skin: Ubtan powder is also made out of sandalwood powder or chandan, both of which are natural astringents for the skin. It offers your skin a firm and youthful appearance and tightens your pores when applied frequently. It aids with tan removal as well.
- Ubtan slows the growth of facial hair: Ubtan may aid in the prevention and removal of face fuzz, as well as the treatment of ingrown hairs. Let the Ubtan to partially dry before massaging it in the opposite direction of hair growth. Use a small amount of nalpamaradi thailam oil and avoid forceful rubbing. To see results, Ubtan must be used consistently, which could take some time.
- Ubtan helps to naturally cool the skin: Ubtan contain natural coolants such as Rose, Sandalwood, and Aloe Vera, which help to reduce heat from the skin and provide a calming effect. Skin that has been exposed to the sun for a long time will benefit especially from the cooling impact. It is the most effective at-home method for tanning removal and also functions well as a face-tan removal pack.
Tips for making sure you get the most out of your ubtan rituals
To get benefits of your ubtan rituals, one must use the right ingredients, lukewarm water, be gentle, keep it on for the appropriate amount of time, follow up with a moisturiser, and apply it regularly.1. Choose ingredients that are appropriate for your skin type: Pick hydrating and nourishing ingredients that will soothe your skin and make it healthy. For example-
For oily skin: Add rose water to your ubtan, in order to preserve the PH balance of the skin and to control excess oil.
For dry skin: To add an extra boost of moisture use milk or sesame oil. You can also add honey, milk powder, lemon, curd, and milk cream (malai) depending on your needs.
If you don’t have time for making it, then you can simply purchase Blue Nectar’s all natural ubtan face pack for glowing skin that is gentle on the skin and have no adverse effects.
2. Make use of lukewarm water: Use lukewarm water rather than boiling water to prepare and use your ubtan. Hot water can dehydrate and irritate skin by stripping it of its natural oils. The ubtan can penetrate the skin more deeply because lukewarm water is kinder to the skin and helps to open pores.
3. Ubtan should be applied gently on skin: Try to avoid putting pressure on the skin while massaging the ubtan, as doing so might irritate the skin and harm it. Instead, massage the ubtan into your skin in gentle, circular motions.
4. Use a moisturizer after rinsing off your ubtan : It's important to use a moisturizer for face or face oil after rinsing off your ubtan. While ubtan can be drying, hydrating the skin is essential to water retention and avoiding dryness.
5. Use ubtan twice a week: Using ubtan frequently is necessary to gain its effects. To get the desired results, add ubtan once or twice a week to your skincare regimen.
In conclusion, using ubtan on your skin has a lot of advantages for the skin health and appearance of your skin. You can get a more bright, youthful, and healthy-looking skin by using ubtan into your skincare regimen. It can be cheap and all-natural. So, include ubtan in your skincare routine, now, and get benefitted with the purifying and brightening properties of all natural herbs.