|Estimated Reading Time: 8 minutes|
Skin pigmentation means skin discoloration, which is dependent on the specialized cell types called melanocytes that produce the amount of melanin. Melanin is a type of pigment that gives different colors and shades to hair and skin. Changes in melanin production cause pigmentation disorders. High deposits of melanin have a dark skin tone, and low depositions have a white skin tone.
What causes Skin Pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation disorders can be caused due to internal and external factors that increases melanin production. Variations in skin color depends on the size, amount, and functions of these melanin factors.
Enlisted below are some common factors that cause skin pigmentation.
Internal Factors causing Skin Pigmentation:
1. Hormonal imbalance leads to skin pigmentation: The rise of estrogen and progesterone levels in the body can cause hormonal imbalance, which can cause pigmentation called melasma. Fluctuation of the hormonal level may be caused at the time of pregnancy or by intaking the birth control pill.
2. Addison disease may cause Skin Pigmentation: Some rare endocrine diseases called Addison's disease can cause hyperpigmentation in the high sun exposure area, such as the face, neck, hand, elbows, and knees.
External factors that cause Skin Pigmentation
1. Medication may cause Skin Pigmentation: Some drugs and antibiotics such as tetracycline antibiotics or chemotherapy drugs may cause skin pigmentation as a result of the medicine's side effect.
2. Sun exposure leads to skin pigmentation: Some areas of the skin that get exposed to sunlight produce excessive amounts of melanin and cause skin pigmentation.
3. Injury may result in skin pigmentation: Skin injury caused by improper hair removal techniques, cuts, and wounds can lead to an inflammatory reaction in the area of an injury. It can increase the production of melanin and cause skin discoloration.
Types of Skin Pigmentation: Decoded
There are different kind of skin pigmentation. Let's understand their types, causes, and the best way to manage them when they appear.
1. Hyperpigmentation: When patches of the skin become darker than surrounding areas of the skin is known as hyperpigmentation. It happens due to high deposits of melanin in the dermis and epidermis. Hyperpigmentation can be treated with ayurvedic skincare products and skin brightening cream for pigmentation.
2. Hypopigmentation: Due to decreased melanin production, skin loses color and becomes lighter and whiter than usual. This condition is known as hypopigmentation of the skin. While it is not easy to increase melanin production but certain ayurvedic cream for pigmentation could help topically.
Six Ayurvedic skincare products to treat skin pigmentation naturally
We already know about pigmentation on the skin and its causes. Now, the most vital part is treating dark spot on face and skin pigmentation with the help of easy home remedies and natural ayurvedic skincare products such as skin brightening creams that contain sandalwood or ayurvedic cream for pigmentation.
1. For pigmentation on face use Turmeric
Since ancient times, this medicinal spice called turmeric has been used as an ayurvedic skincare product and a home remedy to remove tan and skin pigmentation. Turmeric is also a vital herb in skin brightening cream and dark spot removal cream. The antioxidant agent of turmeric gives an ever-lasting glowing face.
How to use Turmeric for skin benefits: Make a thick paste by combining two tablespoons of turmeric, curd and besan. Apply it as a face pack for glowing skin and even skin tone. Leave it until dryon the skin and then clean it with lukewarm water. Moisturize face with Kumkumadi Tailam.
Did you know that Nalpamaradi thailam has turmeric as one of the key ingredients? Nalpamradi thailam is also used as a skin brightening oil. So, if you don’t have time to use turmeric face pack, massage this skin brightening oil and reap all the benefits of turmeric.2. Use masoor dal paste for pigmentation on face
A popular depigmentation home remedy for skin pigmentation is massor dal face pack. This legumeis easily found in every Indian household. Regular use of masoor dal paste as ayurvedic skincare product gives a bright and radiant glow.
Simply, soak the dal for 1-2 hours and then grind it to a paste to be used as face pack for glowing skin and face pack for pigmentation.
3. Use green tea extract for pigmentation on face
Apart from using green tea for weight loss, there are many green tea uses. It acts as an antioxidant and may have a depigmentation effect on the skin internally and externally. It is one of the best ayurvedic skincare products for skin hyperpigmentation.
4. Use sandalwood for pigmentation on face
It is one of the effective remedies for treating tan removal, dark spots on face, and skin hyperpigmentation. Sandalwood skin brightening cream is a must-have cream for pigmentation and glowing skin.
Sandalwood skin brightening cream is also used for dark spot removal, de-tanning the skin, and providing an even skin tone.
How to use Sandalwood for skin brightening?
Mix 1 tsp sandalwood powder and 1 tsp orange juice make a thick paste. Apply it as a face mask on the dark spots on face. Leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this two to three times a week.
5. For pigmentation on face use saffron or saffron cream
Saffron is an excellent natural ayurvedic skincare product for reducing hyperpigmentation and dark spots on face. Soak a few strands of saffron in a few tsp of milk. Add 2 tsp of turmeric powder to the saffron milk to make a paste. Applying this paste to the affected area makes the skin brighter. Alternatively, you could use Blue Nectar Saffron Anti aging cream that acts as cream for pigmentation and helps in reducing pigmentation and dark spot on face.
Most herbal ingredients are all-natural, simple, and very effective ayurvedic home remedies for skin pigmentation. And these ayurvedic skincare products have no side effects.
6. Use Vitamin C serum for pigmentation on face
Vitamin c face serum delivers essential vitamin c to the top layer of the skin, called the epidermis layer. Vitamin c face serum gives the ultimate production of both collagen and elastin to boost a natural glowing face.
Vitamin c face serum inhibits the production of melanin, which helps to reduce dark spots on face and hyperpigmentation of the skin. Plant-based vitamin c face serum is used as a dark spot removal cream.
Is skin pigmentation the same as dark spots on face?
Patches or darkened spots on the skin mainly appear as the common cause of hyperpigmentation. That makes some areas of the skin darker than the surrounding area. These dark spot on face are sometimes called age, liver, and sun spots. Ayurvedic skincare products like dark spot removal cream can be used to treat this well.
Importance of ayurvedic skincare products for pigmentation in men
From a universal point of view, any skincare product that works on a woman’s face can also work on a man’s face. But there are some differences between man and woman’s skin. Male skin is much thicker than female skin. And more prone to dark spot on face and skin pigmentation.
For treating skin pigmentation in men, here are some natural ayurvedic skincare products and home remedies for skin pigmentation that men can use;
- Sun protection face cream for pigmentation on face - Using good sunscreen protection with SPF30 can protect the skin from harmful UV rays that cause hyperpigmentation and dark spot on the face and are prone to make the skin wrinkle and age much faster.
- Dark spot removal cream for a man for pigmentation on face and for clear skin - Specific ayurvedic dark spot removal cream and ayurvedic skin brightening cream work well for treating hyperpigmentation and dark spots on face.. Natural ayurvedic skincare products such as vitamin c face serum, cream for pigmentation with saffron, anti aging cream, and sandalwood powder give a radiant and glowing face.
- Black tea water for pigmentation on face - Like green tea, black tea water also helps to darken lighten the skin tone by removing dark spots on face.
- Extract of licoricefor pigmentation on face - Licorice extracts help in the regeneration of the cell. It is a natural home remedy to remove tan. Licorice / mulethi is used as an ingredient in skin brightening cream, cream for pigmentation and dark spot removal cream.
- Milk & yogurt for pigmentation on face - Milk and yogurt contain lactic acid that helps remove dark spot on face and hyperpigmentation on the skin. Yogurt can be applied directly on the skin, whereas milk can be used by dabbing with the cotton ball and spreading onto the dark spots and pigmented areas.
- Apple cider vinegar for pigmentation on face - This acidic fluid prepared from fermented apple juice contains natural acetic acid, which is a natural bleaching agent. Mix apple cider vinegar with equal amounts of water and apply it for two to three minutes on the dark spot on face and pigmented areas. These home remedies for skin pigmentation can be used as a face mask mixed with honey.
- Aloe vera gel for pigmentation on face - It is an excellent ingredient for any skin problem. The gel or juice of this plant can be applied directly on the dark spots areas. Apply the gel on the affected part and leave it for 30 minutes or overnight. Regular use of aloe vera gel makes dark spots lighter and skin tone brighter. This remedy is also used as a herb in skin brightening cream, cream for pigmentation and dark spots removal cream.
In most cases, dark spot on face or skin pigmentation is a natural process and not a cause of concern and should be treated for cosmetic reasons. However, if any itchiness, bleeds, or itches of the dark spots occur, it is advisable to see a skincare specialist.
Applying home remedies for skin pigmentation and ayurvedic skincare products such as cream for pigmentation, skin brightening cream, dark spot removal cream, vitamin c serum and keeping up with a healthy skincare routine may protect skin from sun exposure and reduce dark spots and hyperpigmentation of the skin.
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: