|Estimated Reading Time: 11 minutes|
As the summer heat intensifies, many of us find ourselves struggling to stay cool and maintain balance in our bodies and minds. According to Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine, the summer season can aggravate the pitta dosha, which is associated with the fire element in the body. This can result in various issues such as inflammation, skin irritations, and imbalances in the body. In addition to the impact on our internal health, the harsh sun, pollution, and dryness during summers can also take a toll on our skin, leading to dryness, irritation, and a compromised skin barrier.
In this blog, we will explore how Ayurveda recommends using cooling herbs and foods and face pack for glowing skin to balance the pitta dosha and protect our skin from the challenges of summer heat. We will also discuss natural skincare solutions, such as the Shubhr Saffron & Sandalwood Anti Ageing Cream for Women by Blue Nectar, which can help to nourish and protect the skin during the hot summer months, keeping it healthy and radiant. So, let's dive into the world of Ayurveda and natural skincare to survive the summer heat with grace and ease.
Skin problems associated with aggravated Pitta Dosha
The scorching heat of summer can aggravate the pitta dosha, one of the three doshas in Ayurveda that represents the fire element in the body. This can lead to various skin problems that can be uncomfortable and affect our skin's health and appearance. Some common skin issues associated with aggravated pitta dosha during summers include:
1. Acne: The excess heat can stimulate sebum production, leading to clogged pores and breakouts, resulting in acne on the face, chest, and back.
2. Dull and Dry Skin: The skin tends to lose moisture quickly in hot weather, leading to dullness and dryness, making the complexion lack luster and dehydrated.
3. Tanning: Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause the skin to darken and develop uneven pigmentation, leading to tanning and uneven skin tone.
4. Skin Irritation - Rashes, Hives: Heightened sensitivity of the skin due to aggravated pitta dosha can result in skin irritation, rashes, hives, and redness, causing discomfort and itchiness.
5. Burning or Itching Sensation of the Skin: The increased heat in the body can also cause a burning or itching sensation on the skin, further adding to the discomfort.
Ayurvedic remedies for balancing Pitta Dosha and nurturing the skin
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine, offers a holistic approach to balance the pitta dosha and address the skin problems associated with it. By incorporating cooling herbs and foods into our diet, as well as using natural ayurvedic skincare products, we can support our skin's health and vitality during the summer season. Here are some effective Ayurvedic remedies:
1. Herbal Teas: Drinking herbal teas made from cooling herbs such as coriander, fennel, mint, and rose can help to balance the pitta dosha and keep the body hydrated from within. These herbs have natural cooling properties that can soothe the skin and reduce inflammation, helping to alleviate issues like acne, tanning, and skin irritation.
2. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a well-known Ayurvedic herb with numerous benefits for the skin. Its cooling and hydrating properties make it an excellent remedy for calming and nourishing the skin during summers. Applying aloe vera gel on the face and body can help to soothe sunburn, reduce skin irritation, and provide hydration, making the skin feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
3. Sandalwood: Sandalwood, also known as Chandan, is a revered herb in Ayurveda known for its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. Using sandalwood powder or oil on the skin can help to soothe irritated skin, reduce redness, and balance the pitta dosha, making it an ideal ingredient in natural and ayurvedic skincare products for summers.
4. Saffron: Saffron, or Kesar, is another potent herb in Ayurveda known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help to reduce skin inflammation, lighten tanning, and promote a radiant complexion. Using ayurvedic skincare products containing saffron can provide nourishment to the skin and improve its overall health.
Introducing Shubhr Saffron & Sandalwood Anti-Ageing Cream for Women
When it comes to natural skincare products that can effectively boost collagen and support the skin during summers, Shubhr Saffron & Sandalwood Anti Ageing Cream for Women stands out as a popular choice. This anti ageing cream, offered by Blue Nectar, is formulated with the goodness of saffron, sandalwood, and other potent Ayurvedic herbs that are known for their skin-nurturing properties.
The Shubhr Saffron & Sandalwood Anti Ageing Cream is specifically designed to address the skin problems associated with aggravated pitta dosha during summers. Its unique formulation helps to balance the pitta dosha, soothe irritated skin, reduce redness, and lighten tanning. The face brightness cream is enriched with natural ingredients like saffron, sandalwood, vetiver, almond oil, and kokum butter, which work synergistically to nourish, hydrate, and protect the skin.
Using this anti ageing cream as a part of your skincare routine can help to improve the overall health and appearance of your skin. It can provide hydration, reduce dryness and dullness, promote a youthful and radiant complexion, and soothe skin irritation, rashes, and hives. The cream also has anti-ageing properties that can help to boost collagen production, improve skin elasticity, and reduce the signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
In addition to using Ayurvedic skincare products, it is also important to follow a pitta-pacifying diet during summers. This includes avoiding hot and spicy foods, opting for cooling and hydrating foods like cucumber, watermelon, coconut water, and mint, and staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
Taking care of our skin during summers is crucial, especially if we have aggravated pitta dosha. Incorporating Ayurvedic remedies, as mentioned above, like herbal teas, aloe vera, sandalwood, and saffron, along with using natural ayurvedic skincare products like the Shubhr Saffron & Sandalwood Anti Ageing Cream, can help to balance the pitta dosha, soothe skin problems associated with it, and promote healthy and radiant skin. Remember to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner or dermatologist for personalized recommendations based on your skin type and condition.
Ayurvedic Ingredients for Pacifying Pitta Skin
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine, emphasizes the use of natural herbs and ingredients to balance the doshas, including pitta dosha, which can become aggravated during summers. Some of the Ayurvedic ingredients known for their pacifying properties for pitta skin are:
1. Rose Water: Rose Water has a cooling effect on the skin and helps to soothe skin irritations and redness. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can calm the skin and reduce inflammation.
2. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a well-known herb that is used in many ayurvedic skincare products for its healing and soothing properties. It has a cooling effect on the skin, helps to reduce redness, and provides hydration, making it ideal for pacifying pitta dosha.
3. Besan (Gram Flour): Besan is a natural exfoliant that gently cleanses the skin and removes impurities without stripping off the natural oils. It also has a cooling effect on the skin, making it suitable for pitta skin.
4. Multani Mitti (Fuller's Earth): Multani mitti is a natural clay that has excellent cooling properties and is known for its ability to absorb excess oil from the skin. It helps to unclog pores, remove impurities, and soothe inflamed skin, making it beneficial for pitta skin.
5. Cucumber: Cucumber has high water content and is known for its cooling and hydrating properties. It helps to soothe and rejuvenate the skin, reduce puffiness, and lighten skin tone, making it ideal for pacifying pitta dosha.
6. Sandalwood: Sandalwood has a cooling effect on the skin and is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe and calm irritated skin, reduce redness, and promote a clear and radiant complexion.
7. Honey: Honey is a natural humectant that helps to lock in moisture, hydrate the skin, and soothe skin irritations. It also has antioxidant properties that can help to rejuvenate the skin and give it a natural glow.
Importance of Face Packs for Glowing Skin and in Pacifying Pitta Dosha
Face packs, also known as face masks, are an important part of skincare routine in Ayurveda. They are used to nourish, cleanse, and revitalize the skin, and are especially beneficial for pacifying aggravated pitta dosha during summers. Using face pack for glowing skin in summer that contains Ayurvedic ingredients can help to balance the pitta dosha, soothe skin irritations, reduce redness, and promote glowing skin.
The heat and pollution during summers can cause various skin problems like acne, dullness, dryness, and tanning, which are associated with aggravated pitta dosha. Face pack for glowing skin can help to address these issues by providing natural nourishment, hydration, and cooling effect to the skin. They can also help to unclog pores, remove impurities, and soothe inflamed skin, thus promoting a clear and radiant complexion.
DIY Face pack for glowing skin in summers
1. Rose and Aloe Vera Face Pack for glowing skin: Mix equal parts of rose petal powder and aloe vera gel to form a smooth paste. Apply it on clean face and neck and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with water. This face pack for glowing skin will help to soothe and hydrate the skin, reduce redness, and promote a healthy and glowing complexion.
2. Besan and Multani Mitti Face Pack for glowing skin: Mix 2 tablespoons of besan (gram flour) with 1 tablespoon of multani mitti (Fuller's Earth) and enough water to form a thick paste. Apply it on clean face and neck and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with water. This face pack for glowing skin will help to cleanse the skin, unclog pores, absorb excess oil, and promote a fresh and glowing complexion.
3. Cucumber and Sandalwood Face Pack for glowing skin: Grate half a cucumber and extract its juice. Mix the cucumber juice with 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder to form a smooth paste. Apply it on clean face and neck and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with water. This face pack for glowing skin will help to hydrate, soothe, and rejuvenate the skin, reduce puffiness, and promote a glowing and refreshed complexion.
4. Honey and Rose Face Pack for glowing skin : Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of rose petal powder to form a thick paste. Apply it on clean face and neck and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with water. This face pack for glowing skin will help to moisturize, nourish, and soothe the skin, reduce redness, and promote a healthy and radiant complexion.
5. Cooling Yogurt Face Pack for glowing skin: Mix 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt with a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of rose water. Apply it on clean face and neck and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with water. This face pack will help to cool, hydrate, and soothe the skin, reduce inflammation, and promote a glowing and refreshed complexion.
6. Blue Nectar turmeric & ubtan face pack for glowing skin: The Ubtan face pack for glowing skin is a powerful natural skincare solution that is formulated to promote glowing skin while effectively removing tan. This face pack for glowing skin is made using traditional Ayurvedic ingredients such as turmeric, star anise, sandalwood, and neem, all of which are known for their skin-brightening and tan-removal properties. The face pack for glowing skin is suitable for all skin types and can be used as a weekly treatment for glowing skin and tan removal.
Usage: To use, simply mix the powder with water or milk to form a paste, and apply to the face and neck. Leave on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water for soft, smooth, and glowing skin can help to nourish and rejuvenate the skin while providing deep cleansing and exfoliation.
The potent blend of natural ingredients helps to unclog pores, remove dead skin cells, and promote skin cell regeneration, resulting in a radiant and youthful-looking complexion.
Tips for Using Face Packs for Glowing Skin in Summers
1. Always cleanse your face thoroughly before applying a face pack for glowing skin, to remove dirt, oil, and makeup.
2. Choose face pack for glowing skin that contain Ayurvedic ingredients known for their cooling and soothing properties, such as rose, aloe vera, cucumber, and sandalwood.
3. Avoid using face pack for glowing skin that contain synthetic or harsh chemicals that can further irritate the skin during summers.
4. Follow the instructions on the face pack packaging or the DIY recipe for the recommended time duration to leave the face pack on the skin.
5. Always do a patch test before applying a face pack to check for any allergies or skin reactions.
6. After rinsing off the face pack for glowing skin, follow up with a gentle moisturizer for face to lock in the hydration and nourishment provided by the face pack.
7. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and eating water-rich fruits and vegetables to keep your skin hydrated from within.
Using Ayurvedic face pack for glowing skin can be a natural and effective way to pacify aggravated pitta dosha during summers and promote a glowing and healthy complexion. The cooling and soothing properties of Ayurvedic ingredients like rose face water, aloe vera, cucumber, and sandalwood can help to soothe irritated skin, reduce redness, unclog pores, and promote a fresh and radiant complexion. By incorporating DIY face packs for glowing skin with Ayurvedic ingredients into your skincare routine, you can keep your skin nourished, hydrated, and protected from the harsh effects of summer heat and pollution. So, go ahead and indulge in some Ayurvedic self-care with these DIY face packs for glowing skin in summers!
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: