|Estimated Reading Time: 12 minutes
Sometime in the last decade or so, the advent of face oils as a skincare product revolutionized the beauty industry, for the better and certainly not for the worse! A few years ago, all beauty gurus rambled on about over their internet channels how excellent face oils or face serums were… And, we have to admit, they weren’t wrong in the least bit. Shiny, small, glass bottles with droppers, never failed to add a luxurious feel. But, are face oils good just for that? A little bit of luxury and some glow? Nope! There’s so much more a face oil can be if you allow it.
The success of beauty face oil as a concept is often accredited to the West, but that doesn’t change the fact that the best facial oils continue to be inspired and created from the roots of Ayurveda. One such creation is Kumkumadi Tailam or Kumkumadi Serum. Luxurious. Heavenly. Effective.
The concoction of Kumkumadi Face Glowing Oil is prepared by following a carefully crafted ancient recipe from thousands of years ago and is later used for a myriad of beauty applications. Our personal favorite way to use Kumkumadi face glowing oil is through its addition to skincare products such as a face scrub, especially when the result is a luscious Kumkumadi scrub.
This blog explores the ways you can add Kumkumadi oil or Kumkumadi Tailam (or any other face oil but ayurvedic is just so much better; excuse our bias) to your skincare products, the Kumkumadi Tailam benefits for skin of doing so with a special, detailed, and very deserving focus on Kumkumadi brightening scrub.
How can Kumkumadi Face Glowing Oil can be added to your skin care?
Be honest, the thought of adding a face oil to other skincare products of yours stroked your interest as soon as you read the title of Kumkumadi Serum. But the question remains… Can it be done? Without side effects? Without ruining the product? Is it as effective and beneficial as we claim? Yes. Yes. Yes. And, double yes! Kumkumadi tailam uses (our preferred face oil) are versatile. Here are some ways you can make good use of this face oil:
- Kumkumadi Tailam can be added to your toner - We know it sounds wrong, super wrong, so wrong that it makes us iffy typing this, but that doesn’t mean this way of using it isn’t pure genius! Adding a small amount of any face oil (Kumkumadi Tailam is still the best; just making sure you know) to your toner results in the most simple yet powerful concoction that is nothing short of heaven for your skin. All you need to do is to take your bottle of pure steam-distilled rose face water with a spray attachment (you can also use another 100% natural, or just make sure your toner of choice is alcohol-free), add some kumkumadi oil or Kumkumadi Tailam to it (about 10ml per 100 ml) and shake vigorously. The face oil will naturally float up to the top so be sure to shake the bottle before every use. Use the face tonic as you would use any other face toner but be prepared for the most stunning, glowing, flawless skin that brightens within the first few uses and puts every other toner to shame.
- Add Kumkumadi Serum to your moisturizer/lotion - This method of using face/body oils is more commonly known and rightfully so! It has never failed us and if you know anything about skincare, you’re aware that this probably won’t fail you either. And it is by far, the simplest skincare hack to exist out there. You just need to add a few drops of kumkumadi face glowing oil to a generous helping of your face moisturizer/hydrating gel (you can also use saffron cream or readily available kumkumadi cream), mix them both thoroughly and massage it over your face while your skin is still somewhat damp from being washed. The result will be a face brightness cream, which is nothing but a sweet symphony of glow that dances across your face effortlessly and will give any face scrub that claims the same results a run for its money!
- Add Kumkumadi Tailam to your foundation - This one may not seem like it’s really targeted toward skincare but trust us, it is. Using heavy products like foundation on the face can be difficult for your skin to bear. Some foundations owing to their heavy, cakey, overly matte formulae clog pores and worse, make one’s skin look drier than the Thar Desert. All of the issues just mentioned can be solved easily just by using a couple of drops of Kumkuamdi face glowing Just add a drop or two (the quantity depending on your skin type) of the face oil to a pump of foundation, mix well before dotting it all over your face and blend as you normally would. You’ll end up with the same amount of coverage that looks natural, gives your skin a much-needed glow and makes your skin sing.
- Add Kumkumadi Serum to your face scrub - Hold your horses because we’ll be discussing in-depth just how amazing a face oil can be when added to a face scrub. Just know that for this to work, you’d need an exfoliator (you can also go for Blue Nectar Kumkumadi scrub) , that is somewhat dry in consistency and doesn’t necessarily have a cream base. Something with a coarse, crumbly texture would be perfect that will help in improving the appearance of uneven skin tone.
Reasons to Add Face Oil to Skincare Products
If the idea of a quick homemade kumkumadi scrub isn’t enough to convince you, let us enlighten you with other reasons for adding your face oil to skincare products!
- Face oil saves time. Think about it. If you didn’t have to apply one product and wait for it to dry/seep into the skin before you could layer another one and repeat the process all over again, how convenient would it be? By pairing your face oil or kumkumadi face glowing oil with any product such as a Kumkumadi scrub, you effectively save time by knocking down two steps in just one!
- Face oil gives you control over your skincare. A label from your products no longer decides what your skin will look like. So what if your sunscreen’s formula is mattifying? If you feel like having a glass-skin day, add your Kumkumadi face glowing oil to the Sunscreen with SPF (one can also go for Blue Nectar Sunscreen lotion with SPF 30) anyway and see the magic happen right on your face!
- Face oil enhances the beauty of your skin - It is a proven fact that face oils work infinitely better when emulsified with other products. The oil seeps into the skin a lot quicker and reaches the deepest layers when applied this way, enhancing the beauty and glow of your skin like no other. There are lot of face oils or face serums available in the market like Kumkumadi serum and Vitamin C face serum that easily absorbs into the skin, leaving it hydrated and soft. or you if you don’t have time for this then we recommend you to go for Blue Nectar Kumkumadi face glowing oil and Face Serum Vitamin C.
- Face oil reduces the need for a complex routine - No one loves a complex, long, tiring routine of looking after their skin, especially at the end of a hectic work day. This problem absolves itself or rather, never arises when you simply keep your routine minimal in the first place with face oils like Kumkumadi Tailam!
Kumkumadi Scrub; What’s the Hype?
So here it is, as promised, today’s section on our beloved Kumkumadi scrub. If it is as amazing as we claim, what makes it that way? A kumkumadi scrub is a natural ayurvedic exfoliator that performs the same way a chemical-based scrub does while being mild to the skin. Using kumkumadi brightening scrub has countless benefits and practically no side effects! Sounds like a deal too good to be true? Try it out yourself… The ingredients in this miracle Kumkumadi Scrub concoction come straight from the ancient knowledge pot we now know as Ayurveda. The specific combination of natural ingredients is carefully put together and every single element comes together beautifully to make one’s skin ever-so-smooth. This face scrub purposefully harnesses the power of kumkumadi oil or kumkumadi tailam and works like a powerhouse combo to give your skin a delicious makeover!
How to Make Kumkumadi Scrub at Home?
We don’t blame you if the product has piqued your curiosity. For the people who love to indulge in a little bit of DIY. Preparing the luscious and ever-so-effective Kumkumadi scrub from the comfort of one’s home seems like a great idea for people that have a great passion for the hobby of homemade skincare. So, if you’re someone finding yourself wanting to use a kumkumadi scrub, but can’t seem to trust brands to deliver the best product? Give it a go yourself at home with this recipe:
What you’ll need: 1 tablespoon of Kumkumadi face glowing oil, 1 tablespoon of fine granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey.
How to prepare kumkumadi face scrub: In a small, clean bowl, mix all of your ingredients using a spoon till they come together and are well combined. Cover the bowl and set it in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. Retrieve the bowl once the time is up, you’ll notice that the consistency has considerably thickened. Your Kumkumadi scrub is now ready to be used.
How to Use: Cleanse your face thoroughly with your preferred face wash (we would recommend gentle face wash for skin like Ayurvedic face wash). Now take a little bit of the prepared homemade Kumkumadi scrub onto your fingertips and start working it into your skin with light pressure in a circular motion. Work in sections. Start from your forehead and make your way down to the chin and extend any excess to your neck. Let the face scrub dry off a bit on your face for 5-10 minutes. Then wash it off. Let your face air-dry or pat it dry gently with a soft, cotton towel. Follow it up with a moisturizer like Kumkumadi cream. Repeat 2-4 times a month.
**Note: Please do not attempt to refrigerate any leftover face scrub for later use. Finish using a batch the same day it was prepared. You can apply it to your elbows, knees, and even knuckles to avoid wastage. This homemade face scrub doesn’t have much of a shelf-life and is best when made & used fresh.
Tips to Get the Best of Your Kumkumadi Scrub
There are multiple kumkumadi tailam uses that work like wonder to your skin. Lets read what are they:
- Use Kumkuamdi scrub at nighttime. Believe it or not, most of the skin cell regeneration magic that happens in your skin takes place at night while your body is at rest. When you prep your skin properly using Kumkumadi scrub immediately before going into resting mode, the chances of better blood circulation, improved speed of cell regeneration and you waking up to flawless, glowing skin increase manifold. After scrubbing your face, you can apply brightening face cream that gives even tone to the skin and has no side effects.
- Wet your face with warm water before using kumkumadi scrub. The warm temperature of the water opens up your pores slightly. While exfoliating, the slight widening of the pores allows all the dirt and grime to come out with relative ease and makes way for the goodness of the face oil in your kumkumadi scrub to seep in deep into the skin.
- Wash your face with cold afterwards. Just as warmth expands pores, the cool temperature of water tightens the pores back up. While washing away the remnants of the face scrub, it is important to seal in the moisture by tightening the pores right back up so that none of the oil can fully escape.
- Follow it up with a Kumkumadi night cream. The advice to moisturize after exfoliating with a face scrub seems redundant, but let us assure you, it isn’t. After you’ve effectively scrubbed the greasiness away, you need to reintroduce some good moisture back to your face. You do that with a moisturizing cream like kumkumadi cream and the benefits multiply by a thousand when the cream in question is intended for night usage. It calms the skin down, melts away all stress from the day, and boosts the regeneration process effectively.
- Use face scrub 1-2 times a week. The effectiveness of the kumkumadi brightening scrub lies in the frequency of its usage depending on the user’s skin type. If your skin is extremely textured, dry, and flaky, you should start by using it twice a week. But, if you have oily or combination skin, using the Kumkumadi scrub once a week will be more than enough for you.
Ayurveda indeed has been reimagined in ways we could never think of. The secrets of eternal beauty from ancient India have been channeled to match the fast pace of the modern world. The result? Endless creations of skincare and other beauty products continue to amaze us every day. Such is the valor of facial oils and call it what you may, even a bias, but seldom does a face oil come to light that can match the potency and effectiveness of Kumkumadi tailam. To pair that magic with a natural, gentle exfoliator can only mean one thing… Kumkumadi scrub is the salvation for bad skin days. Maybe it seems all too good to be true but that warrants Kumkumadi brightening scrub a chance all the more. If you’re on the hunt for a good face scrub that conveniently packs the power of kumkumadi face glowing oil in it, check out Blue Nectar’s Shubr Ayurvedic Kumkumad Brightening Face Scrub. Recommend this blog to someone who might find it helpful and watch this space for more content on beauty and wellness. Until next time!
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: