|Estimated Reading Time: 12 minutes|
A famous dermatologist Ted Lain said, "Skin uses nighttime to repair itself, reversing all the damage caused by sun exposure, stress, and the pollution during the day."
During the day, the skin comes into contact with UV rays, pollutants, dirt particles, harmful chemicals, and germs. At night, our skin gets the chance to repair or undo the damage caused and creates new cells, and for that, we must clean our skin properly and moisturize it with a night cream or a face oil like kumkumadi tailam, before going to bed.
We need to have a skincare routine at night so that our skin can repair faster. For that, we must follow a simple step of cleansing, hydrating, and nourishing our skin to speed up the process.
Here's what all you'll know here about night creams
- Why moisturize skin at night?
- Why is moisturizing important?
- What is Kumkumkadi oil and what are kumkumadi tailam benefits
- Should a different face cream be used at night?
- What is the difference between day cream and night cream?
- Must haves in your night cream
- DIY night creams
- Purpose and benefits of night cream
- Act before it's too late!
Why use face creams at night?
At night, our skin cells restore faster because of the increased blood supply to the skin. So, to accelerate the process, we need to use effective skincare products such as night cream.
Why is moisturizing with night cream important?
A moisturizer like night cream is essential for the skin as it helps the skin cells remain hydrated and maintains the proper order of balanced fluid pressure gradients and chemical composition both inside and outside the cell.
Lack of moisture makes the skin cells dehydrated, and the skin doesn’t look right and is open to infections and bacteria. It also makes the skin a repository of toxins, and the free radicals damage the skin cells and other components.
A good night cream moisturizes the skin. Below are the benefits of using a night cream:
1. The best night cream reduces the chances of skin problems like dryness, imbalance, and acne.
2. The best night cream reduces skin blemishes
3. The best night cream makes skin look young for long
4. A good night cream for face helps to reduce wrinkles
5. A good night cream fights the harmful effects of environmental pollution on our skin.
6. Night cream keep pores filled with good elements
7. The best night cream will keep cell membrane smooth.
For ages, people have tried different combinations of herbs and other natural ingredients, to make the best use of their components. Here, we are talking about the Kumkumkadi oil or kumkumadi tailam is the best gift of Ayurveda to mankind, as it can resolve many skin related issues and bring back the natural glow.
What is Kumkumkadi oil?
Kumkumkadi oil or kumkumadi face glowing oil is a facial oil that is made entirely from a combination of the natural herbs and oils. It is used in cosmetics and is not harmful to the skin. It works as a cleanser, runner, and moisturizer for the skin.
Did you know that Kumkumadi oil is the combination of 26 ingredients?
Here are some of them and their benefits
1. Saffron (Kesar) and sandalwood (chandan) are used for skin brightening
2. Lac ( Laksha) is used to relieve skin infections
3. Licorice root extract( Madhuyashtika)
4. Wild Himalayan cherry( Padma)
5. Leaves of the banyan tree( Nyarodhna)
6. Vetiver roots (usheera)
7. India berry( kaliyaka)
8. Blue lotus( neelotpala)
9. Manual( Madhukar).
10. Bael and Indian trumpet flower( dashamool).
Now let's see, its Kumkumadi serum benefits to our skin.
- Kumkumadi tailam works as a skin illuminator, lightens the skin tone and improves the texture. It is one of the best face serum for glowing skin.
- Kumkumadi Tailam works on skin pigmentation and reduces the dark circles. It can be a good replacement to your cream for pigmentation.
- Regular use of Kumkumadi Tailam reduces the skin tanning
- Kumkumadi Serum or kumkumadi tailam works best on blemishes and scars
- Kumkumadi Serum brightens the dull skin. Use it instead of a skin brightening cream
- Kumkumadi tailam delays the skin ageing process
Should a different cream be used in the night skincare routine?
Yes, the nighttime creams differ from the day cream, the face cream that we use in the daytime.
Did you know that our skin produces oil, and the oil production is highest during the midday and lowest at night?
Thus, when the protective layer of natural oil is lost, our skin tends to lose water and to prevent the loss of water, we need to moisturize our skin.
The night creams are thicker in texture as compared to daytime creams. They provide deep moisturization to our skin while we are asleep. Our skin repairs and rebuilds at night, so many night creams contain active ingredients and acids to promote skin cells.
It brings us to learn the difference between day cream and night cream.
- As the name says, day creams are skincare products used during the daytime such as Blue Nectar Eladi day brightening cream, which contains SPF 30 to protect the skin from damaging UV rays. The day creams are made to fight against sunlight and pollutants, dirt, and dust particles.
- Day creams have a thin, light texture that is quickly absorbed into the skin. We can even apply makeup over them.
- Day cream mainly keeps our skin hydrated and gives it a smooth and soft appearance.
- Some day creams also contain SPF that protects against sunlight.
- An Ayurvedic Day creams contain the skin lightening agents like vitamin c and can be the best ayurvedic cream for skin whitening in womens.
- As it says, night creams are applied at night.
- They Night creams have a thicker texture that provides needed moisture to our skin while asleep.
- Night creams contain retinol and various other acids to accelerate the cell process of repairing, rebuilding, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- No SPF ingredient is required at night as no sun, and UV rays occur.
- Night creams require a bit longer to get absorbed in the skin than daytime creams, as they have a thicker consistency. A night cream would be more effective if it is massaged onto the skin for 3-4 mins
Must haves in your night creams
Now, after knowing so much, the next question that comes to mind is what all ingredients should be in a good night cream. A night cream should have the ingredients that will help our skin to repair and rebuild, to fight the day time acquired pollutants and other harmful properties. The element that we must have in our night cream are as follows and their benefits:
1. Hyaluronic acid: It's good for dry skin or dehydrated skin. It is a skin hydrator.
2. Vitamin C: Brightens up the skin. It is a skin brightening agent.
3. Niacinamide: Its work is to stimulate the anti-aging factor. It is anti-aging.
4. Retinol: It's used for anti-aging.
5. Aloe Vera: It is used to calm down our skin and reduce redness or irritation.
6. Kumkumadi serum / kumkumadi oil: It provides nourishment and works as a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. It is the best face serum for glowing skin
7. Ghee: It's a natural moisturizer that provides deep, long-lasting hydration. Ghee makes the skin glow and increases elasticity.
These days, many brands have been marketing their night creams, which confuses us in choosing which one fits our skin without any harmful reactions. So, one must remember the essential ingredients for our skin, and their composition will be best suited for us.
Blue Nectar ayurvedic skincare products have a wide range of products - face creams for women like face brightness cream, kumkumadi cream, and saffron cream, and face creams for men like anti-aging men's cream, mens face glow cream and dark spot removal cream, as well as face oils like kumkumadi serum and vitamin C face serum. These are ayurvedic skincare products and have no adverse effects on the skin because they are made with natural ingredients.
DIY recipes for night cream
Do you know that we can make our night creams without spending vastly? Let us show you some DIY night creams
- Use 1/2 a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- Mix all three ingredients in a pan at low heat until it melts down and mixes them well, then add them to a container after cooling. You can use it as a night cream for a month.
- It helps to keep your skin moist and keep it hydrated.
Glycerin night cream
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon glycerine
- Take coconut and almond oil and heat it using the double boiler process, and then add rose face water and glycerine and store it in the container.
- These ingredients keeps the skin hydrated and makes skin healthy and smooth.
Cocoa butter anti wrinkle cream
- Take 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add all ingredients to a vessel, heat it, and mix well. Allow to cool down and add in a container.
- Cocoa butter is a rich source of phytochemicals that provides skin strength and moisture and prevents premature aging.
Green Tea detoxifying night cream
- 1 teaspoon of green tea
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon rose face water
- 1 teaspoon essential oil
- 1tablespoon aloe vera juice
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- Add beeswax and almond oil in a double boiler, boil and mix well.
- After cooling, add aloe vera, green tea, essential oil, and rose face water.
- Store and apply night cream daily.
- Green tea acts as the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that protect our skin from Photoageing.
Aloe Vera night cream
- 2 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon lavender oil
- 1 teaspoon primrose oil
- Use pure aloe vera gel from the plant and mix with lavender oil, add primrose oil and apply this night cream to the skin, and store for future use.
- Aloe vera contains amino acids that soften the complex skin cells and makes the skin smooth.
Use equal proportions of kumkumadi cream (also known as saffron cream) and almond oil and apply using the cotton ball on the face. It helps to improve the skin complexion and reduces dark spot on face . It’s the best Ayurveda oil, a mixture of saffron, ghee, wild turmeric, and other herbs.
Purpose and Benefits of night cream
Every day, we wash our face and apply moisturizer and sunscreens, which prepares our skin for daily environmental challenges. But most of us don’t give much importance to the skin at night. Just washing our face before bed is not enough for our needs. The whole day our skin is in defensive mode, protecting and fighting the harmful rays, dirt particles, and pollutants trying to enter our skin.
Here are some benefits of face creams for you to understand which night cream is best:
1. It Night cream hydrates the dry area of the skin and makes our skin looks healthy and happy
2. A soft massage with night cream before bed makes our skin feels relaxed and calm.
3. The night cream accelerates the collagen production of the skin
4. Night cream increases the blood circulation
5. Night cream reduces the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines
6. Night cream sorts and smoothes the skin
7. Night cream prevents the skin from drooping.
Now let's learn the benefits of night cream:
1. The Night cream provides the required nutrients that help the skin to carry out the repair and rebuild process.
2. The night cream prevents the occurrence of blackheads and pimples as the skin pores are clean and appropriately hydrated.
3. At night the skin penetrates more than in the daytime.
4. Skin produces less sebum (acid that helps our skin fight against dirt and other pollutants during the daytime) at night, so applying night cream helps reduce the water loss, keeping our skin hydrated.
5. Night creams penetrate well in our skin at night. The anti-aging ingredient works well. They make us look young, having fewer fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spot on face .
6. A proper night skincare routine at night makes you wake up with soft, smooth, glowing, and healthy skin.
7. Try adding antioxidants ingredient to your night cream. It will help to undo the damage done during the day.
Best Face Cream for Men
As women, men are also showing concern about their skin nowadays. Various brands have come up with multiple ranges and varieties for skincare and mens face glow cream. The primary difference between men's and women's skin types is that men have thicker skin than women.
They also have issues according to their skin type. A few of them have been listed below;
- Dry, itchy, rough skin
- Normal skin is clear and non-sensitive
- Sensitive skin may have burning effects after the use of any product.
- Oily skin is greasy and shiny
- A combination that is dry in some and oily in others.
Our skin cells work the same for both men and women, so the ingredients discussed earlier will be the same for men. Do consider your skin type before choosing the right product.
Act before it's too late!
Here's all about night cream, so if you're not the one using the night cream yet, get one now, or you can make your own night cream at home matching your skin factors. If you are using a night cream, check your ingredients to enjoy all the benefits of the night time skincare routine.
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: