What is the best way to treat oily skin that causes pimples?
|Estimated reading Time - 9 minutes|
We’ve all had those annoying days. The days when a big pimple pops on your face and it sets the tone for the entire day. Pimples are not only a menace, but they’re also painful and leave scars. And don’t get us started on the temptation to pop them as soon as possible….
You know the drill - If you want to avoid acne scars, you have to get it in your head that you cannot just pop pimples. Using appropriate remedies for pimples is the way to go.
A common way of trying to prevent pimples and control oil on one’s face is to invest in a foaming pimple face wash or something which is mild yet good enough to absorb oil. However, finding a suitable ayurvedic pimple face wash in the market is a challenge. Many of the pimple face wash available may have harsh chemicals in them, which are meant to clear oil, but they can harm your skin by over-cleansing or overdrying. Other times, when you finally find a perfect face wash for yourself, it leaves a deep hole in your pocket.
This is why one of the best ways to deal with pimples and oil production on your skin is to DIY a pimple face wash. These are made of natural ingredients you can find easily at your home, and with regular use can help you control excessive sebum production on your face. They are affordable, customizable, and effective. The result? No more popping pimples! No more blotting papers! We have compiled a list of 6 amazing DIY pimple face wash to control oil production on your face. The best part? Natural ingredients are gentler, so they won’t hurt your skin and pocket.
DIY Pimple Face Wash to Control Oil
Aloe Vera & Neem
Aloe Vera is the angel of the skincare and haircare world. It is soothing, hydrating, and nourishing all at once. And those of us who have to deal with pimples regularly definitely know its blessings. It's anti-inflammatory like no other herb and it helps you soothe irritated acne scars without causing any oil problems.
Neem, on the other hand, is a natural ingredient that is frequently spoken about because of its purifying properties. Neem is an antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and is the perfect remedy for pimples as well as an ingredient for pimple face wash. Often pimple face washes meant to control oil have neem as one of the main cleansing ingredients.
When you combine neem and aloe vera - you find yourself a nourishing, soothing, and powerful acne fighter. This is why both of these ingredients are so popular.
- 10-15 Neem leaves
- 2 tsp of aloe vera gel
How To Prepare:
- Crush about 10-15 neem leaves to make a paste. You can use a grinder for the same. Add water/rosewater if required, but making a fine paste is best so that the particles of neem can penetrate your skin and clear it.
- Add 2 tsp of aloe vera gel into the neem paste. Mix well.
- Apply the resulting paste all over your face and neck. Make sure you use a good amount.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then rinse.
- You can follow up this DIY pimple face wash with your regular skincare routine.
Multani Mitti and Rosewater
Multani Mitti is quite possibly the most popular remedy used for pimples. This clay-like substance is traditionally derived from Multan, Pakistan. Also known as “fuller’s earth”, Multani Mitti is known to absorb dirt, dead skin cells, and oil from your skin. This leaves your skin feeling refreshed, exfoliated, and clear. This keeps all the future pimples threatening to pop up on your face at bay. Other than this, Multani Mitti works great in tightening your skin and giving you a firm skin.
Adding rosewater or rose face tonic to Multani Mitti not only gives you a nice texture so that it is easier to apply, but it also adds hydration to your skin and makes perfect pimple face wash. For some, fuller’s earth can be drying because of just how rich its texture is and how good its oil-absorbing properties work. Rosewater prevents that by adding water to your skin simultaneously. Together, they make the perfect pimple face wash.
- 2 tsp. Multani Mitti powder
- Rose water according to preferred consistency
- Turmeric (optional)
How to prepare:
- Mix 2 tsp. Multani Mitti powder with rosewater. Use a brush or spoon to make sure you get a good consistency and the rosewater and Multani Mitti make a thick pasty texture.
- If you’re adding turmeric, add it before you mix this paste. This will ensure that the turmeric spreads evenly into the paste.
- Apply this paste liberally all over your face and neck. Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Use a towel dipped in lukewarm or cold water to carefully remove the dried-up face mask. You can follow this with a rose face mist and toner if you wish to.
- Do this twice a week if you have a frequent pimple problem.
Lemon and Turmeric
Turmeric contains factors that help your skin fight impurities and bacteria. This is one of several reasons it is used to treat both acne scars and active acne on the skin. It prevents bacteria and fungus from multiplying in your pores, thereby avoiding the most dreaded problem of all: pimples. It is one of the main ingredients of any pimple face wash as well as many skincare products.
Lemon is an exfoliator. It contains ascorbic acid, which dissolves dead skin cells and impurities on your skin while effectively hydrating it with Vitamin C. When your skin is hydrated, it is less likely to produce excessive sebum to balance out dryness. Thus, turmeric and lemon work together to give you clear, hydrated, brightened, and pimple-free skin. What better pimple face wash could you ask for?
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ piece of a medium-sized lemon
How To Prepare:
- Take out 1 tbsp of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Squeeze out all the juice from ½ of a medium-sized lemon.
- Mix well.
- Apply the resulting mixture to your face. Rub it on your skin well, just as you would when you are applying a face wash. But instead of rinsing immediately, take your time to explore all the regions of your face and make sure they’re getting cleaned. We recommend following the 1-minute rule.
- Once you’re done cleaning, rinse your face with cold water. It would also be good to follow with a toner such as rose water or vetiver face mist, to close your pores.
- Do this twice a week for clear skin.
Tomatoes are incredibly nutritious. Similar to lemons, they act as an exfoliator because they are rich in citric and malic acid. They help you balance the pH of your skin, which is essential to keep your skin bacteria-free.
Adding honey to tomatoes helps you balance some of their coarse properties by soothing your skin with sugars and by adding water to your skin. Together they make a great pimple face wash that balances the pH level of your skin, kills bacteria, gets rid of dead skin cells, and prevents excessive oil production. If you’ve never tried DIY tomatoes before as pimple face wash, now is as good a time as any!
- ½ of a medium-sized tomato or two cherry tomatoes.
- 1 tsp honey
How to prepare:
- Rinse your tomatoes and cut them into pieces. Grind them using a mixer and make a tomato puree.
- Pour this puree into a bowl and add 1 tsp honey to it. Mix these ingredients well.
- Use this mixture as a face wash. Dampen your skin and then apply the face wash all over your face. Make sure you clean up properly.
- After 1 minute of cleaning your face and neck, rinse it with cold water.
- Follow up with your regular skincare routine. You can repeat this 2-3 times a week.
Coffee Face Wash
Coffee is a blessing for us mortals, isn’t it? It keeps us awake on a hard day when our deadlines are near, and it gives you a reason to smile in the morning. The wonders of coffee, specifically its caffeine content, are becoming increasingly popular today. Many people are discovering that coffee has excellent properties as a skincare ingredient. It is great for exfoliation, absorbing oil, getting rid of dirt, and brightening your skin in a way that it looks “awake”. Thanks to its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, coffee is an amazing ingredient to put in a pimple face wash. Using it regularly as a pimple face wash may help you get brighter skin, tighter pores, and a pimple-free texture.
- 1 tsp Coffee Powder
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp rosewater
How To Prepare
- Put 1 tsp of coffee powder in a bowl.
- Add ½ tsp honey and 1 tsp rosewater to the coffee. Honey will help soften the strong effects of coffee on your skin. Rosewater will help you dilute the mixture so that it is easier to use as a face wash.
- Mix well. Apply the paste all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- You can use this natural pimple face wash 2-3 times a week.
Apple cider vinegar
Ah yes, apple cider vinegar. Another wonder ingredient in the realm of good skin and the world of DIYs for oily skin. Made by fermenting apple cider with yeast, ACV is known for its nutritious content, skin-toning features, and dirt-clearing properties. For those concerned with pimple problems, it is absolutely perfect for pimple face wash and easy to find and can be used for various purposes.
As a face wash, ACV can help you clean your pores effectively while closing them. It also balances your skin pH and gets rid of fungus or bacteria that may cause pimples. Looking for a pimple face wash? There’s nothing simpler and more effective than ACV.
- 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup of lukewarm water
How To Prepare:
- Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and dilute it with ½ cup of lukewarm water.
- Use a cotton ball to gently clean your face and neck with the resulting mixture.
- You can either rinse directly or leave it on for about 2-3 minutes to let the nutrients sit in your skin.
- After rinsing, follow up with your regular skincare routine.
- You can choose to use this natural pimple face wash daily or every other day.
The Take Away
Acne can be quite distressing and painful. Usually, the causes of acne are hormone-related. If you’re someone who has been dealing with pimples all your life, the best thing for you to do is get advice from a professional. However, if your pimple problems are moderate and just cause you a lot of annoyance, DIY pimple face wash can help! This is also applicable to people who are just looking for remedies to deal with oily skin. Some excellent ingredients to put in your pimple face wash include neem, turmeric, tomato, and coffee. Do keep in mind that none of these DIY pimple face washes should be used without doing a patch test first. This is for the safety of your delicate skin.
Did you like our simple yet effective DIY pimple face wash recipes? Feel free to write to us and tell us what worked out best for you.
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: