Skin Care Tips for Monsoon
|Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes|
Who wouldn’t love rain, especially the much-awaited monsoon rain? But it isn’t without its woes. Learn how to manage monsoon skin with Ayurvedic face wash. Read on
Monsoon is a playful, pleasure time. All our senses rejoice with the arrival of monsoon rains. The pitter patter of rain is music to ears, the freshness of the greens is a treat to eyes, the smell of first rain is enchanting, the monsoon savouries are delectable but what about our fifth sense – Skin? Skin, our fifth sense, gets worst affected by the monsoon rain. On one side monsoon brings tremendous joy and, on another side,, it change the whole game of the skin & brings the fungal infection/skin, allergies that start appearing.
Skin Problems related to Monsoon:
Have you wondered that why lot of skin issues occur in this monsoon weather?
Humidity encourages the growth of various infections that can lead to many skin allergies. People with oily & dry, combination skin can understand that how their skin faces a lot in this humid weather. The humidity and the dampness leave its mark on our skin that can be irritating sometime and if not taken care of, it can turn into fungal infection. But don’t you worry, if you use ayurvedic face wash or ayurvedic pimple face wash, you will feel the change that will ultimately make your skin glow naturally. Monsoon is known for alleviating skin problems that such as:
1. Eczema - This is a fungal infection and people with eczema should be more careful during the rainy season, if your immune system is weak and your skin get dry often and the patches that appear on skin become rough which can cause itching and bleeding. If this problem is with you as well then you should must try Ayurvedic natural cream like Kukumadi cream as it will create soothing layer on affected area.
2. Dermatitis – It is a common skin irritation that can be cause by environmental aggressors and can occur on different body parts like rashes, flaking skin, dry skin etc. If you facing with this same skin issue then you can apply natural ayurvedic cream or lotion
3. Acnes and Pimples- Everyone loves monsoon, however for acne prone skin monsoon can be a nightmare, with heavy rainfall and more humidity gives bacteria opportunity to thrive on skin, causing breakout in pimple. If you are the one who is facing this skin issue then we would recommend to use gentle face wash that may not react to your skin and maintain the pH level, you can also go for ayurvedic face wash.
The Good News is....
Ayurveda has many herbs which help in skin even in the worst weather. A proper skin care regime followed during the monsoon is half the battle won. Let’s read on how natural ayurvedic ingredients can help us
7 essential skincare tips for monsoon/rainy weather
Here are few tips and recommended ayurvedic herbs, which can be used in monsoon, to keep skin fresh and glowing.
- Go Natural: Stop using chemicals on your skin. Use natural and fresh ingredients like pimple face wash to get rid of acne and pimples. washing face with a natural Ayurveda face wash will help fight acne.
- Hydrate your skin: Drink lot of fluids to flush out the toxins and eat only fresh, well cooked food. More water you drink, more toxins will get flushed out. To keep body hydrated during monsoon is the biggest challenge as one doesn't feel very thirsty. Make a regime to drink 1/2-1 glass of water every 2 hours. 2-3 litres of water = flushing out toxins = DETOX = Healthy Skin
- Cleanse your skin: Face cleanser is an important step in skincare. Cleanse your skin at least 3 times a day with plain water and once with an ayurvedic face cleanser , to remove excess grim and dirt from your face.
- Tone your skin: Use a natural skin toner after cleaning your face. Rose Water is a good natural toner to keep you skin soft & supple
- Moisturize your skin: Moisturize your skin daily. Use a light moisturizer and a chemical-free moisturizer to keep a check on oil secretion.
- Apply Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen before stepping out. Sun can be really strong after a good shower. A sunscreen with SPF 30+ would be good for skin. If you have an oily skin, go for a moisturizer or body lotion which has SPF added to it.
- Face pack: Make home-made face packs to keep your skin's natural glow intact. Multani Mitti, Papaya, Aloe Vera, Honey, Orange Peels, Lemon are some of the kitchen herbs that prove to be beneficial for the rainy weather.
What are natural herbs that can be used for monsoon skin?
- Aloe Vera: A paste of Aloe Vera and honey is a good cleanser. Cleaning your skin with aloe vera will also add sheen to it. Aloe Vera has anti-aging, anti-tanning, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Honey: Honey is a natural moisturizer and is great for all skin types. Ensure that face product that you use has raw honey and not processed honey or you can use ayurvedic face wash that consist the goodness of aloe vera and honey. Processed honey could do more harm than good to your face.
How to make Aloe Vera face pack?
Take a swollen aloe Vera leaf. Slit it in two halves and scoop out the pulp. In a bowl take 2 teaspoon of Aloe Vera pulp and add 1 teaspoon of honey to it. Mix it gently.
Apply this pack on your face and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Rinse your face and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Nagkesar: An Ayurveda herb, Nagkesar, has anti-bacterial properties and is also a good cleanser. Nagkesar is also very good for acne, pigmentation and pimples. With local markets shrinking, raw herbs are not readily available. Therefore, one should look for a product containing this herb in purest form.
- Anantmool: Use cooling herbs like anantmool. The herbs which have a cooling effect can give immediate relief from skin irritation and itching on skin. Anantmool can be mixed with Aloe Vera and applied as a paste. Like Nagkesar it is inexpensive but not readily everywhere.
- Rose water or Gulab Ark: is the best friend for the irritated skin. It is natural and refreshes and moisturizes the skin. Avoid alcohol-based skin tones.
It may be cumbersome to gather all the herbs at home and make a paste for your skin. However, if there is anything in the market which has all or few of the above as key ingredients, then one should just go for it.
Blue Nectar Shubhr - Radiance Honey Face Cleanser has Honey, Aloe Vera, Nagkesar, Anantmool and Gulab Ark too. Using it once a day, will keep skin acne free.
So, what is the wait all about? Open all your senses and let your skin embrace the monsoon!! Check out more products of Blue Nectar that has Natural ingredients and will give soft and supple skin.
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: