Have you ever wondered what makes your skin look ordinary, dry and dull, almost like a snake's skin?
Have you given this a thought - In spite of taking proper care of your skin and doing the DIYs, your skin still appears like a parched land?
We know, most of us are clueless when we think of it and do not seem to come up with a permanent solution to this skin problem.
However, we are here to work around this issue, for you, by putting down the core reasons that will help you in having a beautiful, glowing and radiant skin.
SO, if you are a victim of dry skin, then this blog will be the Holy Grail read for you. We bet you'll bookmark this blog.
Reasons that are killing the Health of your Skin
- YOU'RE NOT IN LOVE WITH WATER: When we say this, we mean you are not in love with the habit of drinking enough water. One of the most primary reasons for Dry Skin is the lack of hydration from within. Water makes up almost 70% of our body, which means it is the leading cause for proper functioning of our body.
Most of our skin cells are made up of water. Adequate intake of water will help in detoxification of our skin and body which will, in turn, give us a Glowing Skin. Therefore, develop the habit of drinking water to flush out the toxins from your body, and well, obviously, this is the first step towards healthy skin care routine.
- LACK OF ENOUGH EXFOLIATION: This is one of the trickiest Skin care tips that we can give you. Most of us have a love-hate relationship with skin exfoliation as most of us do it wrong. Enough exfoliation indicates exfoliating your skin twice a week to get rid of the dry and decayed skin cells that sit on the surface of the eventually clogging the pores. Therefore, we can see the appearance of Dull Skin with time. Skin exfoliation removes the dead skin cells which allow the skin to breath, thereby keeping our skin well moisturized and glowing. However, do not overdo the step as it can strip off your skin from its natural oils.
- M FOR MOISTURISER: Apart from drinking enough water and exfoliating your skin, make sure to moisturize your skin using the product that suits your skin type. A right dose of moisturizer is needed twice a day to keep your skin well hydrated and fight against all the environmental odds. However, be smart and invest in the moisturizer that will work perfectly for your skin type.
- GET TIGHT SLEEP: After battling against the stress, pollution and work pressure, our skin deserves a rest of 7-8hours. It is because when our body is at complete rest, it is in a healing state. Our skin heals and sheds all the dead skin cells during our nap so that we can wake up with a rejuvenated skin the next day in the morning.
- YOU ARE STRESSING OUT: Do you know stress can be 'the wall' that is standing in between you and your radiant skin? If no, then get your facts clear from this point. It has been proved that stressing out beyond a certain limit increases cortisol, which is one of the primary reasons that affect the blood circulation in our skin. This affects the skin's healing power thereby giving us a dull and flaky skin eventually. Also, stress can give you dark circles under eyes which can make you look all the more tired.
- YOU ARE NOT EATING HEALTHY: A bad lifestyle encompassing unhealthy food habit can show on our skin. Therefore, get over indulging yourself with unhealthy foods which can royally ruin your skin. Instead, choose to maintain a healthy diet chart that contains all the necessary nutrients like vitamins, proteins, minerals, healthy fat, and antioxidants. Also, while snacking, be smart enough to choose a healthy food product to an unhealthy piece of junk food.
- ACT SMART WITH MAKE-UP: We all love putting makeup on our face. However, doing makeup involves some rules that will cause less damage to our skin. Make sure to prep your skin before you start with your makeup. Once your day gets over, make sure to take off make up and keeping your skin squeaky clean to avoid your skin from becoming dull. Use oil based makeup remover as they gently remove the makeup products on your skin without drying them out.
- SKIPPING SUNSCREEN IS A CRIME: If you have been skipping your sunscreen, then we can assume that your skin is halfway damaged. The sun emits harmful UV rays which can cause a great threat to our skin. It gives rise to skin pigmentation, Dark spots, premature ageing of skin and also skin cancer. Therefore, make sure to step out of your home after you have applied a good amount of sunscreen. Also, do not forget to wear your sun-glasses and carrying an umbrella for that extra layer of protection for your skin. It is also a good Anti Ageing treatment for the skin.
- QUIT SMOKING: If you are feeling proud of this habit, we can assure you that neither your body nor your skin feels proud of it. The carcinogenic substances that are present can be a grave threat to your skin making it look dull, waxy and wrinkled with the passing time. No matter what other things you do, your cigarettes will take away the lustre from your skin. Therefore quit the habit as soon as possible, before it is too late for your skin to heal.
Before we end this blog, as a wrap up note we will advise our readers to get involved with regular body work out for 30-45 mins as sweating helps in detoxifying the skin and brings out the healthy skin. Additionally, the above mentioned steps are small changes that you can bring about in your lifestyle to see a huge difference in the texture of your skin.