|Estimated Reading Time: 8 minutes
How does a warm oil massage sound after a long tiring week? It has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it? The practice of body oil massage dates back to the oldest of times in India when kings and queens were given oil baths and oil massage for beauty, relaxation, and strength, as seen in the illustrated archives and documents. As diverse as the cultures are throughout India, one practice that you’d invariably see is, every grandmother championing the oil massage and the benefits of oil massage on body. Be it an infant, a new mother, working personnel tired from the humdrum of life, or a wrestler of an akhada, Indian scriptures have advised and prescribed body massage oils for all as there are multiple benefits of oil massage on body.
Over time, oil massage has become more popular as people discovered numerous body oil massage benefits, including relaxation and improved circulation. Ayurveda has a practice called Abhayangam that prescribes various body massage oils for different purposes. Each body massage oil would serve its own benefits and one can reap the benefits of oil massage on body with these body oils. The article puts light on the best massage oils to use for massage and the health benefits of oil massage on body. So, what are you waiting for? Read on to learn more!
Different types of body massage oils
There are different types of oils used in body massage. Each body massage oil has unique properties that can provide different body oil massage benefits. Be sure to choose a massage oil that is suitable for your skin type and needs. Before you begin your massage, it is important to choose a body massage oil that is right for your specific needs.
Some common body massage oils used for body massage are:
- Olive oil: This body massage oil is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, E, and K, and helps moisturize and protect the skin
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba body massage oil closely resembles the natural sebum produced by the skin and is good for all skin types, especially those with sensitive or acne-prone skin. It is an excellent moisturizer that can help to keep the skin hydrated and soft.
- Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in vitamins A, B, and E and using it as a body massage oil helps to soothe and protect the skin. Almond oil is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can help to reduce swelling and redness.
- Coconut oil: Known for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, coconut oil is good as a body massage oil for all skin types. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that can help to protect the skin from free radical damage.
Reasons why you need to get a body massage oil right away!
While our grandmothers and forefathers have a way longer list of benefits of oil massage on body, some most important ones are, improved blood circulation, boost in the immune system, relieve pain and tension headaches, and promote relaxation.
A study published in the Journal of Psychosomatic Research found that patients who received oil massage therapy had lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol than those who did not. Oil massage has also been shown to increase levels of serotonin, the "feel good" hormone. Apart from these, there are various other benefits of oil massage on body. They are:
1. Body oil massage benefits by reducing stress and anxiety: There are 30 pressure points on the palms and soles of your feet that correspond to different organs in your body. In addition, there are 7 reflex centers in your body that are connected to the neck, head, reproductive system, pancreas, kidneys, and liver. Massage encourages the release of a few hormones like endorphins that relaxes the body, quiets the mind, and prevent sadness, feelings of stress, and anxiety. This body oil massage benefit is a boon in our fast-paced life.
2. Body oil massage benefits by improving blood circulation: The muscles are flexed and patted while receiving a body massage, and the massage therapist's various hand movements assist stimulate the skin's surface, which produces heat that stimulates the nerves and blood vessels beneath the skin and improves blood circulation. Therefore, receiving a body oil massage benefits you by increasing the blood flow, which has a lot of wonderful health advantages like enhancing skin texture, better toxin removal, and healthy organ performance. In addition, it is recognized that the heat created might enhance metabolism. This improved blood circulation can help to reduce stiffness, soreness, and tension in muscles and joints.
3. Body oil massage benefits by improving joint mobility: Massage Oils like pain oil can help to improve joint mobility by reducing inflammation in the joints which can lead to an improved range of motion. A proper oil massage can beat the body pains. This improved mobility can help with activities such as walking or running more easily. Receiving a massage that applies exact pressure to the muscles of the body helps tone your muscles by stretching them and enhancing their functionality. Aside from this, a long-lasting body massage can assist your muscles get better toned and minimize flab. You can use slimming oil with Triphala for bette results.
4. Body oil massage benefits by enhancing skin health: Body massage oils help moisturize the skin while promoting healing as well as improving overall skin health by increasing collagen production which gives skin a more youthful appearance. Body oils enter the skin, increase suppleness, and aid in the removal of dry, dead and uneven skin. Some nourishing oils like Nalpamaradi thailam may even prevent inflammatory problems from affecting the skin and relieve other skin diseases. Body oil massage benefits you as it lubricates, rejuvenates and brightens your skin and helps you get rid of tanning.
5. Body oil massage benefits by improving mental focus: A body oil massage can help to improve mental focus by relaxing the mind and clearing thoughts during the session. This can help you achieve a deeper level of concentration when needed during your day or even in certain aspects of your life such as work or study.
6. Body oil massage benefits enhances sleep quality: Better sleep is inarguably one of the best results of body massage. Oil massages have been shown to help people fall asleep faster and sleep better than those who don’t get regular massages. You sleep well when your complete body, including your muscles and thoughts, is at ease. The improved sleep quality is due to the relaxation and improved circulation that comes from the body massage.
7. Body oil massage benefits by accelerating fat reduction: The issue of obesity or being overweight affects every other individual on the earth today. People spend a fortune on procedures and medications in an effort to lose their extra weight, but they are ultimately let down. Did you ever imagine that relaxing body massage oils such as fat burning oil could help you burn a few kilos?! When you have an abhyanga oil massage, the medicinal oils operate as a fat burner, eliminating all the toxins and impurities from your body. With right mixture of body oils and herbs, body massage can accelerate your fat-burning process. Blue Nectar slimming oil can help you lose weight and tone your body. In addition to Blue Nectar slimming oil, you can try their green tea for weight loss too, which is prepared with green tea leaves and cardamon and helps to burn fat while also reducing stress.
Some combinations of herbs and oils we have at Blue Nectar that act like magic
While we are discussing various benefits of oil massage on body, to avail some of them, you may need some special body massage oils that are prepared with a proportioned combination of various ayurvedic ingredients like oils and herbs. Here are some preparations we have a Blue Nectar that people have benefited from.
Nalpamaradi oil: With sesame oil as a basis, the skin receives the ideal amount of moisture and hydration. Due to its potent blend of 16 Ayurvedic herbs and turmeric, which has healing, mending, and brightening characteristics, it Nalpamaradi thailam is highly recognized as bridal beauty therapy.
- Triphaladi slimming oil: This slimming oil will help you lose weight and have a toned figure when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and lifestyle. This ayurvedic anti-cellulite fat burning oil reduces cellulite and helps to make wrinkles look less prominent.
- Balalakashadi body massage oil: This body massage oil contains skin-nourishing natural ingredients, like organic almond oil, sesame, and herbs like Bala and Ashwagandha, and is scented with seductive jasmine. This exquisite body oil is perfect for everyday hydration as well as pleasurable encounters.
- Devtvakadi pain relief oil: With 17 Ayurvedic herbs, our Devtvakadi Ayurvedic Pain Relief Oil with Cinnamon and Clove helps to naturally relieve back pain, joint pain, and pain in the legs and knee. It may be used by males, women, and pregnant women and is devoid of preservatives and mineral oil.
- Shubhr baby massage oil: The 13 essential Ayurvedic herbs in Shubhr Baby Massage Oil are the perfect combination for your most prized possession. Babies can be soothed using body massage oil as it helps them unwind and fall asleep.
There are some body oil massage benefits for people of all ages. Not only does it help to improve circulation and flexibility, but it can also promote better sleep and reduce stress levels. If you are looking for a way to relax and rejuvenate, an body oil massage may be just what you need.
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: