|Estimated Reading Time: 8 minutes|
Long gone are the days when skincare for men was restricted to water and soap. With the rage of trends like the glass-skin trend, everybody now wants flawless, picture-perfect skin. But how can one achieve that? Many ayurvedic skincare products are flooding the market however, choosing the right product, which is natural, organic, ayurvedic, can be a tedious task. But things can get simpler once you dive into the world of skincare, especially in the world of ayurvedic skincare products!
While there is no harm in men using women’s ayurvedic skincare products, skincare for men is designed keeping the difference in texture and thickness of men’s skin in mind. It is therefore recommended that you choose products (ayurvedic skincare products in this case), which suit your skin type and also address your prime skin concerns.
Before we look into the various skin issues commonly faced by men, understanding one's skin type is extremely crucial. The following are the different skin types classified:
Ayurvedic skincare products for dry Skin. If your skin looks and feels rough and itchy then you might have a dry skin type. Ayurvedic skincare products which contain glycerine or honey will work for the dry skin type. One can choose Blue Nectar ayurvedic face wash like pimple face wash, which is great for dry skin and has the goodness of honey, giloy, and tea tree.
- Ayurvedic skincare products for oily Skin. If your skin feels greasy and sticky with large pores then you have oily skin. People with such skin types are more prone to pimples and acne. Ayurvedic skincare products containing mulethi, neem or tea tree will work for oily skin type. like skin friendly, Blue Nectar Neem face wash for the skin that is a perfect antidote to whitehead, acne and pimple.
- Ayurvedic skincare products for combination Skin. If your face feels dry but you have an oily T-Zone then you might have a combination skin. Ayurvedic skincare products for oily skin type will also work for the combination skin.
- Ayurvedic skincare products for sensitive Skin. If you suffer from redness, dry patches and itchiness then you might have sensitive skin. People with such skin types tend to be more prone to sunburns and inflammation. Ayurvedic skincare products containing mulethi or saffron will mostly work on sensitive skin. Alternatively, one can choose Blue Nectar Kumkumadi face glowing oil, which is made from 26 ayurvedic herbs and reduces skin inflammation. Furthermore, it is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin.
- Ayurvedic skincare products for normal Skin. If you do not primarily have any skin concerns then you have normal skin. Ayurvedic skincare products with high herb quotient will work for normal skin
Now that we’ve understood the basic skin types, let us take a look into some of the common skin issues that are seen among men:
1. Men tend to have dark circles
Those heavy bags under your eyes can be a result of various factors. It may occur due to stress, lack of sleep, extreme eye strain or even genetics! Whatever may be the cause, visible reduction of dark circles is a possible affair.
Proper hydration and rest may help, but there are various ayurvedic skincare products in the market that help reduce their visibility. So, pick your favorite ayurvedic skincare product and combat those stubborn dark circles! Wondering why ayurvedic skincare products? We recommend opting for ayurvedic skincare products as they are natural and mild on your skin. We would recommend using Blue Nectar anti aging cream that is highly effective for dark circles under eyes and also improves the appearance of skin pigmentation and dark spot on face.
2. Men face skin issues due to shaving
While shaving may be a regular part of most men’s grooming regimes, excessive shaving may lead to dry skin and the hard growth of hair. It may also result in the occurrence of ingrown hair, rashes, pimples and even acne. Thus, proper shaving and regular renewal of razor blades are some of the few tips you can adopt to prevent the above-mentioned issues related to shaving. However, you can apply Blue Nectar's natural beard oil to hydrate, soften, and nourish the skin underneath.
3. Men may get early signs of ageing i.e. wrinkles
For centuries, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles has been associated with aging, while this is true, individuals may experience early signs of aging even in their 20s! This is a result of stress and diet; however dry skin can also be a cause of wrinkles. People with dry skin are more prone to developing fine lines and wrinkles at a younger age. Some of the few measures to combat this are proper hydration, a healthy diet and of course a good men face cream and as we always recommend, ayurvedic skincare products are definitely a smart option.
A wide variety of ayurvedic skincare products are available from Blue Nectar, including anti-aging men's cream that reduces fine lines and wrinkles and contains high herb ingredient. It improves the appearance of dark spots on the face and helps the skin restore its glow.
4. Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are scars which are created when the skin stretches or shrinks quickly. They appear as streaks on the skin surface, which are initially red or purple and gradually turn white over time. While the only way to get rid of stretch marks is via laser treatment and surgical procedures, the visibility of stretch marks can be reduced with the usage of stretch mark removal cream and stretch mark lotion. Stretch marks are extremely normal, however, if you are keen to reduce their visibility, then you can choose from the many ayurvedic skincare products available in the market that are designed to combat stretch marks like Blue Nectar Stretch mark lotion cream that has goodness of shea and coco butter that deeply hydrated to heal and soothe skin.
5. Baldness in men
While this is not necessarily a skin concern, baldness is one of the major issues that most men face universally. Men tend to be more prone to balding and this can be the result of various reasons, such as hereditary, hormonal changes or ageing. Another reason why men are more prone to balding is because of the production of testosterone and DHT. Both hormones are one of the major causes of hair loss. Another common cause of balding is androgenetic alopecia, which is an inherited trait responsible for giving a receding hairline to men.
The best way to deal with balding is to use ayurvedic hair care products meant for hair fall, like hairfall control oil and using dandruff prevention shampoos. Dandruff can also be a major cause of hair fall, thus using a good anti-dandruff shampoo along with natural ayurvedic oils for hair and haircare products can drastically help combat issues related to balding.
Now that we’ve discussed the major skin issues faced by men across the globe, there are some additional tips that one can adopt to have the picture-perfect skin that everyone longs for. Following are some tips that dermatologists recommend to maintain young and healthy-looking skin:
1. Moisturizing daily. Moisturizers form the basis of any skincare regime. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, having a good moisturizer like Ayurvedic Kumkumadi cream (choose from your favorite ayurvedic skincare products) as a part of your skincare routine is a must. Using good anti-aging cream for men can also help reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
The products that we recommend are:
Both these moisturizers are natural, ayurvedic skincare products for men. The advantage of using ayurvedic skincare products is that they are all natural products and they get the job done without including any of those harmful chemicals! Ayurveda has been practiced in India for ages now and its validity has been proven over the ages. The best way to incorporate natural ayurvedic skincare products into your regime is by using trusted ayurvedic products. This is where Blue Nectar ayurvedic skincare products for men come into the picture. Their products are hundred percent natural and definitely a great addition to your daily skincare routine.
2. Body Massage Oil. Regular usage of Body massage oils can work wonders on both your skin as well as your mental health! It is a great way to detox from your daily stress and give yourself some time for relaxation and self-love.
3. Using a good ayurvedic face wash. Regular usage of a good ayurvedic face wash can help reduce pimples and help control oil production. Excessive oil production may lead to acne, pimples and enlarged pores. The ayurvedic skincare product that we would highly recommend is
4. Proper shaving measures. Proper shaving is extremely crucial for maintaining healthy-looking skin in men. Casual shaving may lead to ingrown hair, pimples, acne and even scarring. Thus using good aftershave oils and lotions is highly recommended. Additionally, one can opt for beard and moustache oils for the ultimate shaving experience.
Haircare. Taking care of your hair is as important as taking care of your skin and what best way to show some love to your hair than to choose from the wide range of hair care products provided by Blue Nectar.
Here’s our favorite
The above tips can help you get that flawless skin, however, visiting a dermatologist and having a skincare regime designed for you is always recommended. If the above-mentioned remedies and solutions don’t seem to be working out for you then it's highly likely that your skin-related issues are more deep-rooted than you think it is.
A regular visit to a dermatologist is recommended for everybody but if your skin concerns don’t subside and you see no improvement in your skin conditions even after following all the tips then it is advised to seek professional help at the earliest.
Skincare problems in men are extremely common and there are various ways you can deal with them. A proper diet and a good natural and ayurvedic skincare routine are key to good, healthy-looking skin.