Kumkumadi Tailam - The Best Investment I Made In Winter Skincare
|Estimated Reading Time: 11 minutes|
Tis’ the season to have healthy skin!
Winter is here… And we’re so excited! Winters are arguably the best part of the year for a lot of people. What’s not to love? Warm soups, warmer blankets, large mugs of hot chocolate, jolly jingles all around and the sweet hint of festivities in the air.
While the winter season brings joy all around, it also often does bad, bad things to the skin! Dry skin is a problem that makes putting on makeup, or simply existing on a daily basis, a nightmare. Even people with oily skin types suffer from seasonal dryness. Let’s be honest, who amongst us, actually enjoy cracked lips, flaky noses, and peeling skin? The answer must be none! So, this winter season, take our advice and “skinvest” (pun intended) in Kumkumadi Tailam and Ayurvedic skincare products.
As the temperature drops, the sales of moisturiser for dry skin, dry skin body lotion, body massage oil goes up. Why? Because this winter season is harsh on the skin. It can cause dehydration, dullness and flaking of skin, among many other things. So naturally, people stock up on skincare products to prepare for the worst. And while this is the correct course of action, you still may not be choosing the right skincare products for winter skincare.. The ayurveda approach is gentle, often affordable and proven to be effective and so are the ayurvedic skincare products. Before all the chemicals were mixed, natural ingredients and recipes existed in ayurveda, and people had healthy skin all year round. So, if you’re looking to maintain the moisture levels of your skin by nourishing and hydrating it, give the revolutionary ayurvedic kumkumadi tailam, an ayurvedic skincare product, a chance.
Want more information on what Kumkumadi Tailam is and what are Kumkumadi tailam benefits for skin? Keep reading ahead!
What is Kumkumadi Tailam?
Often termed as a “miraculous elixir” by ayurveda-revering folks, Kumkumadi tailam is a versatile face oil with the goodness of 26 herbs that deserves a special place of honour on your vanity this winter (and pretty much all year round). Also known as kumkumadi face glowing oil, this ayurvedic face oil is most commonly used to achieve an incomparable glow (as the name suggests, it is also know a face serum for glowing skin) on one’s skin. The list of kumkumadi tailam benefits for skin is quite literally endless. It deals with dark spots on the face, hyperpigmentation, skin tanning and acne scars. In our opinion, the best thing about kumkumadi tailam skin brightening oil is the fact there are way more kumkumadi tailam uses than any other face oil in comparison. It can be added to your matte foundation for a dewy look or can be used on as a face serum for glowing skin.
Kumkumadi Tailam Uses
As mentioned above, there are a large number of kumkumadi tailam uses, possibly too many to count. So, we’ve compiled a list of our absolute favourite kumkumadi tailam uses that we think you should try!1. Kumkumadi Tailam for a glow-from-within Look - If that quintessential goddess glow is what you’re after, try this: Mix equal quantities of kumkumadi face glowing oil and cold-pressed almond oil and transfer to a small glass bottle (one preferable with a dropper). Both face oils have a fairly long shelf life so you can store them away from the sunlight without worrying. Apply a few drops of Kumkumadi tailam and almond oil mix all over the face. Massage them into the skin using your favourite tools like face rollers, jade roller or a gua sha stone. But, to be honest, your fingers work best! Do this face oil routine every night on cleansed face before sleeping or in the morning on special occasions. Your skin will thank you.
**Pro Tip - Add and mix a couple of drops of this face oil blend or just kumkumadi face serum for glowing skin to your foundation when wearing makeup for a dewy look and avoid buying an expensive foundation!
2. Kumkumadi Tailam to treat acne and blackheads - Mix 3 parts of kumkumadi tailam and 1 part of nalpamaradi thailam. Use a couple of drops every night before applying a light moisturiser Both these ayurvedic face oils work wonders when used correctly. Nalpamradi thailam, a skin brightening oil, helps the skin complexion immensely and has antibacterial properties. Kumkumadi tailam, face serum for glowing skin, has anti-fungal properties owing to its large herb quotient. When combined together, these face oils – Kumkumadi Tailam and Nalpamaradi tailam - work together in harmony to keep your skin free of acne and prevents it from blackheads being formed.
**Pro Tip - Add a drop or two of the blend to your face scrub once a week and use it as normal for healthy, moisturised, clean and clear skin.3. Kumkumadi Tailam to protect yourself from the Sun - SPF is undeniably the holy grail of skincare for younger-looking skin. So, it shouldn’t come as a surprise when we ask you to protect yourself from the sun! Ayurveda too has some natural ingredients that act as sun protectants and keep your skin free of sun damage. Mix 2-3 drops of Kumkumadi face glowing oil with your regular sunscreen (avoid gels and do this with a creamy sunscreen) and apply like you usually do. Apart from preventing an unwanted tan, kumkumadi tailam will also help with a wretched white cast.
** Pro Tip - Blue Nectar sunscreen body lotion with SPF 30 and is made from natural ingredients to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays.
4. Kumkumadi Tailam to deal with stretch marks and scars - Gone are the days, you need to buy expensive stretch mark oils and try programmes hard on the body to be rid of stretch marks and scars.You can simply mix some kumkumadi tailam with your stretch marks lotion (right into the bottle!) and use the concoction the same way. When used regularly, the properties of Kumkumadi tailam impart a noticeable difference in the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
5. Kumkumadi Tailam for effortlessly bright skin - We all want beautifully bright skin that lights up the face without any makeup. Well, to get the desired look, all you need to do is mix 5 drops of kumkumadi skin brightening oil and 1 teaspoon rose face water with 2 teaspoons of Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) till the ingredients form a smooth paste. Apply this all over the face in an even layer and let this mask sit for about 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and follow with your favourite moisturiser. Repeat once a week for the best results.
6. Kumkumadi Tailam to relax and rejuvenate - To add to the versatility of kumkumadi tailam uses, you can use this face oil for other applications than just the face! If you’re looking to relax and unwind after a tiring day, simply add a few drops of Kumkumadi oil to a diffuser, sit back and let the gentle aromas rejuvenate your body and mind.
7. Kumkumadi Tailam for cleaner and healthier skin – A key element of having healthy skin is paying attention to it with treatments outside of the regular skincare routine. To make your skin healthier, ensure that it is free from oily dirt-clogged pores. Once a week, add a few drops of kumkumadi oil to your steam inhaler and let the steam come up to your face for 10 minutes. After this, wash the released oils off with a mild cleanser such as ayurvedic face wash or rose face water and follow with your favourite moisturiser or a moisturizer for dry skin or kumkumadi tailam itself.
8. Kumkumadi Tailam for dark circles and under eye bags - If you’re tired of having perpetually dark under eyes, massage a few drops of kumkumadi tailam around your dark circles every night before going to bed. The natural brightening properties of the Kumkumadi face glowing oil will bring about a noticeable difference within 4 weeks and will soon replace your dark circle remover cream.
**Pro Tip - If you have the extra time on your hands, blend 2 soaked almonds with 1 teaspoon of water and transfer to a clean, small bowl. Add 2 drops of lemon juice and 3-4 drops of kumkumadi tailam, and mix well. Apply this mixture to the under eyes (as well as other areas of the face that suffer from hyperpigmentation), let it sit for 5-10 minutes and wash it off. Do this no more than 3 times a week.
9. Kumkumadi Tailam uses instead of a lip balm - Tired of reapplying petroleum jelly or the same oil lip balm every hour to keep your lips hydrated? Fret no more! Just dab on a drop of kumkumadi tailam to moisturise your lips naturally. This will improve the pigmented appearance of one’s lips over time. You can also add 1-2 drops of Kumkumadi tailam to organic ghee and apply it to have pink lips. Ghee on lips along with Kumkumadi tailam will give well moisturised pink lips.
**Pro Tip - If you have some extra time on your hands, make your own lip oil at home. Heat your kumkumadi tailam slightly and transfer it to a recycled sterilised tube of old liquid lipstick. Add ¼ teaspoon of pigment powder in your favourite shade of red, pink or coral to the tube. Mix everything in using a small toothpick, then close the lid and shake well. Use as you would any other pigmented lip oil and enjoy the natural juicy look.
10. Mix Kumkumadi Tailam into your body lotion - The rest of the human body, sadly, doesn’t receive as much attention and care as the face. So naturally, most of us don’t moisturise the limbs and torso multiple times a day (if at all). To ensure, your body stays fairly moisturised with minimal intervention. Mix a helping of kumkumadi tailam with your dry skin body lotion and use this dreamy concoction right after showering/bathing to retain maximum hydration.
The ultimate step-by-step guide to using kumkumadi face glowing oil
Many people when stepping into the world of ayurveda get confused as to where and how to fit their kumkumadi face glowing oil into their skincare regimen. Well, here’s the perfect simplified guide that may be of help!
1. Cleanse - Wash off all the grime and pollutants from your face with an ayurvedic face wash.
2. Tone - Reintroduce moisture to the face and balance the pH of your skin using a natural astringent such as rose face water.
3. Kumkumadi tailam - Apply a few drops of kumkumadi face glowing oil in place of your regular face oil or face serum for glowing skin.
4. Moisturiser - To lock the hydration in, use a day cream such as eladi day cream / night cream depending on the time of the day, or skin brightening cream depending on the requirement of the skin.
5. Sunscreen - Mix some kumkumadi face oil into your sunscreen for an extra boost and apply it to protect your skin from sun damage.
**Pro tip – Always apply sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 so that your skin should be protected from harmful UVA and UVB rays
Useful information on Kumkumadi tailam skin brightening oil
The reason behind Kumkumadi face oil’s undefeated effectiveness is the correct blend of herbs in its preparation. This skin brightening oil carries the goodness of 26 potent ayurvedic herbs like saffron (kesar), sandalwood (chandan), lodhra (symplocos bark), manjistha (Indian madder), etc.
The reason why Kumkumadi skin brightening oil is so widely revered is its suitability for all skin types. Not just that, but people of all genders, and all age groups including teenagers and even expecting & breastfeeding moms can use the kumkumadi face glowing oil in various applications.
Other applications of Kumkumadi Tailam – Ayurvedic Skincare Products containing Kumkumadi Tailam
Though Kumkumadi tailam on its own is pretty effective, the past decade has seen a continuous and steep hike in the popularity of skincare products that have kumkumadi tailam mixed into them, such as kumkumadi night creams, kumkumadi scrub including kumkumadi face and body scrubs, kumkumadi under eye creams, kumkumadi face cleansers, and kumkumadi face serum for glowing skin.
Kumkumadi Tailam Benefits for Skin
Now that we’ve been raving about Kumkumadi tailam, you might be wondering, if it’s that good, what even are the Kumkumadi tailam benefits for skin. Well… to name a few:
- Kumkumadi Tailam brightens up the skin.
- Kumkumadi Tailam keeps the skin hydrated and moisturised for hours.
- Kumkumadi Tailam acts as a natural form of SPF.
- Kumkumadi Tailam maintains and improves complexion.
- Kumkumadi Tailam rids the skin of undesirable texture.
- Kumkumadi Tailam prevents the onset of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Kumkumadi Tailam prevents frequent acne breakouts.
Given that you’ve read this far, you’re now aware of all there is to know about the wondrous, mesmerizing concoction called Kumkumadi Tailam aka Kumkumadi Face Glowing Oil. Ayurveda-revering folks all over the world recognize this skin brightening oil as the elixir of life because it quite literally is no less than magic itself. With the beneficial properties of so many herbs, this natural kumkumadi face glowing oil is perfect for anyone who wishes to change their skin for the better, this winter season. Watch this space for more content on beauty & wellness and invite someone who might find this interesting… Until next time!
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar:
Shubhr Kumkumadi Night Repair Cream for Women | Ultra Hydration & Skin Repair
Kumkumadi Tailam Face Serum with Pure Sandalwood & Saffron for Glowing Skin
Shubhr Vitamin C Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Dark Spot Correction and Glowing Skin
Shubhr Steam Distilled Rose Toner Water & Face Tonic Mist